DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How do i customize the alarm based on the output of a command that needs to be executed on every CPU alarm from a specific robot

• 1.  How do i customize the alarm based on the output of a command that needs to be executed on every CPU alarm from a specific robot

Posted Mar 09, 2016 08:00 AM

Hi ,

My scenario is as below.

> when ever an CPU alarm from a robot is triggered a command needs to be executed on the robot (server being monitored)

> based on the output of the command, the CPU alarm itself needs to be customized. (i.e say, if the output of the command is yes, I need to add some text 'xxxx' to the alarm message, if the output is no, I need to add the text 'yyyy' to the alarm message)

Please provide your views and possible solutions to obtain this.

Thanks,

Karthik

• 2.  Re: How do i customize the alarm based on the output of a command that needs to be executed on every CPU alarm from a specific robot

Posted Aug 29, 2016 12:15 PM

Hello,

I think you should look into the logmon probe which can execute a command and also alert based on specific text, as well as output specific text based on alarm/match expressions. Hope this helps.

A

• 3.  Re: How do i customize the alarm based on the output of a command that needs to be executed on every CPU alarm from a specific robot
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 09:01 AM

Have you considered using the NAS probe for this functionality?

You can use an Auto Operator to respond to alarms as they come in and fire off commands.

Like Alberto said, the logmon probe could also be used here - you could use to monitor the log files of probes for alarms and then have it respond with a command.

Hope that helps.