Clarity

• 1.  Some Idea Allocations not available DWH

Posted Mar 09, 2016 02:37 PM

We are piloting use of Ideas for a new use case.  Many of the older ideas have Team\Allocations identified and these show in the DWH/Ad-hoc reports just fine.

Problem is that for new ideas create during this pilot, none of the Team\Allocations are showing in the DWH.

• Yes, DWH timeslices cover the allocation periods used in the Ideas
    • Yes, Load DWH job has been run after the team allocations were established.
    • Looking at calendar periods, not fiscal - so Financial settings are not pertinent (I have Ideas with calendar allocation data showing up in DWH, just fine, with Financial settings blank)

Only difference I can find between those ideas that have Team\Allocations in DWH and those that don't is that those Ideas that don't have used Staff OBS field to identify the department that the role/resources shall be supplied from.  Maybe this is a red herring - I'm currently testing this by removing Staff OBS content for some resources on an Idea, and I've got the Load DWH job running in incremental mode, now.

Any other ideas?  Perhaps a timeslice isn't really getting refreshed and so Load DWH job doesn't detect a change, therefore the new stuff isn't loaded?

• 2.  Re: Some Idea Allocations not available DWH
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2016 11:26 AM

Problem resolved by CA Support.

Load Datawarehouse job was failing due to a field size limitation.  The failure occurred part way through the job's run - after updating investment metadata, before updating time based data (hours, costs....).  CA Support sent us a patch, possibly from 14.3 as we are on 14.2.  All good, now.