CA Service Management

• 1.  After installing CA SDM 14.1 CUM 2 patch lists are not displaying

Posted Mar 10, 2016 10:05 AM

We have recently upgraded from CA SDM 12.7 to CA SDM 14.1 and applied CUM 2 patch. Patch was installed by following install and post install steps from wiki.ca.com. Now, when we log in, lists are not displaying. We figured out the problem is with every list that has new feature of saving searches (list_in, list_cr, list_cnt...). After we disable Save Search Filters option, everything works fine. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Vedran

• 2.  Re: After installing CA SDM 14.1 CUM 2 patch lists are not displaying
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 10, 2016 10:50 AM

Hi Vedran,

I think the issue is not much around Save Search filters option, but more about custom forms. The list forms not showing up might be because, you had the same forms customized in 12.x release and have not re-customized them in 14.x release yet.

To quickly verify if this is the case, you could try renaming NX_ROOT/site/mods/www  directory to something else (www_custom),    and then open a command prompt and type:  pdm_webcache

Close your browser, relaunch SDM login again and retest, the forms should show up fine.

_R

• 3.  Re: After installing CA SDM 14.1 CUM 2 patch lists are not displaying

Posted Mar 11, 2016 03:35 AM

Hi Raghu,

Actually problem was with our modifications. Msg_cat.js file was to blame. I didn't suspect that was the problem because we tested patch in our test environment and everything went fine. But when I checked again, we didn't have modified msg_cat.js file in test environment. Anyway, thank you very much, the problem is solved.

Regards,

Vedran

• 4.  Re: After installing CA SDM 14.1 CUM 2 patch lists are not displaying

Posted Mar 11, 2016 06:11 AM

Hello Vedran,

I suppose you mean "msg_cat_site.js" vs. "msg_cat.js" isn't??

Modification to the message need to be done there and placed in your site/mods folder vs. touching the original.

That may also help you to better catch up when processing upgrade.

Just my 2 cents

/J

• 5.  Re: After installing CA SDM 14.1 CUM 2 patch lists are not displaying

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2016 06:34 AM

That's good to hear Vedran. 

_R