Plex 2E

• 1.  Delivering Java client programs as applications

Posted Mar 10, 2016 11:19 AM
      |   view attached

I would like to execute my app as a Java client program in another PC or VM, what files or configurations I'll need ?

I'm executing the .jar but it display this message: no main manifest attribute, in Sistema_Nomina.jar

• 2.  Re: Delivering Java client programs as applications

Posted Mar 10, 2016 01:02 PM

Hi there -

The jar file created by Plex is not an executable jar file. You will have to create such a jar file yourself.

Have a look at "C:\ProgramData\CA\Plex\7.2\ObJava\callPlexJavaClient.bat". The script shows how to start a Plex Java Client.

HTH

Lorenz

• 3.  Re: Delivering Java client programs as applications

Posted Mar 10, 2016 01:30 PM

To get a copy of the bat file that Lorenz talks about, you can "Run" a panel from the G&B window and you should get a correctly configured Dot Bat file in your build folder like the following:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe" -noverify -classpath ";;C:\StellaToolsV2.04\ModelLocal\Gen\Bld;C:\ProgramData\CA\Plex\6.1\ObJava\Lib\ObRun.jar" ObRun.ObPanel.ObLaunch LocalPNL.ST1cclF Path="C:\ProgramData\CA\Plex\6.1\ObJava"

REM // Provided the jar file contains all the required classes, you can use the jar file in this way:

REM // "c\java.exe" -noverify -classpath ";;C:\StellaToolsV2.04\ModelLocal\Gen\Bld\Local.jar;C:\ProgramData\CA\Plex\6.1\ObJava\Lib\ObRun.jar" ObRun.ObPanel.ObLaunch LocalPNL.ST1cclF Path="C:\ProgramData\CA\Plex\6.1\ObJava"

• 4.  Re: Delivering Java client programs as applications

Posted Mar 10, 2016 01:51 PM
      |   view attached

I dug up this doc from my plex java client days in 2003 so it is old but helped me back then to understand a little what was going on.

"Cool: Plex Java for Dimwits" written by   LouKurrelmeyer

And search the internet for 'ObRun.ObPanel.ObLaunch'

Attachment(s)

• 5.  Re: Delivering Java client programs as applications

Posted Mar 10, 2016 03:27 PM

Funny enough was looking at the same thing the other day as I wanted to run a CA Plex generated Java app but in IntelliJ IDE

Untitled.png