CA Service Management

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (March 2016)

Posted Mar 10, 2016 05:36 PM

Miss the March Service Management Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in April for the next session!

from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

Welcome if anyone has any questions please ask them now! Thanks

Anyone have any questions for the team!

from Sam Grace to Everyone:

@ Chris:  Good Morning Chris.  My team and I are in the process of performing 3 installations:  CA EEM / CA Process Automation / CA Service Catalog.  As we have installed EEM and PA, we are now installing and configuring SC.  As a best practice, are there any recommendations (check list) of actions that can be taken or need to be taken next?

from Alex Perretti (CA) to Everyone:

@Sam are you referring to steps specific to the Service Catalog install, or the solution as a whole?

Really the solution as a whole

@Sam there is some good information on the Docops website that provides details on planning.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/implementing/implementing-ca-service-management-14-1

@Sam it seems you are already going in a proper direction with what you've installed so far.

Ok, thank you Alex.  My team and I will review the link that you sent to us.

from Avneesh Bhatnagar (CA) to Everyone:

@Everyone, We are about to start the hands on customer validation for CA Service Management upcoming release code named 'Hampi' in next couple of weeks, stay tuned for community announcement for the same and please do register, if you haven't already, to participate in the program.

Anyone else have a question for the team!

from stephanie to Everyone:

how is the mobile app working for everybody? we have several issues

@Avneesh:  We are just now installing SC 14.1.  Would the code upgrade "Hampi" be applicable for our team?

@Stephanie:  We are not utilizing the mobile app for our environment as of the time being.

@Sam the Hampi validation is primarily focused on the new L1 Analyst interface and not so much on the business user so the catalog part of the solution will not be impacted much

@Stephaine there is a mobile app refresh coming out soon watch out for that will contain some of the customer issues reported on the mobile app

from Jason to Everyone:

Hello, i've a question about LDAP integration with SDM. It's possible that in the integration SDM takes the supervisor of an user from ldap and fills that in the supervisor field of the contact in SDM?

where can i find more information about the mobile app refresh to see if it addresses our issues

@Stephaine there will be an announcement on communities to that affect soon

thanks.

do you have a date yet for the announcement?

@Stephanie not exact date yet, but you can expect that as soon as sometime next week

from Jon Israel to Everyone:

@Jason - I believe this can be done via the LDAP.mod file which maps the fields between LDAP and SDM.

from Jon Israel to Everyone:

@Jason - my mistake, it would be the ldap.maj file under bopcfg/majic directory

great thanks

from Jason to Everyone:

Ok, thanks Jon. I'll test that.

Any other questions for the team today

does anyone have their mobile app opened to the outside world? and if so what is your configuration and what ports ahve to be opened

from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone:

@Stephanie - That's a great question. The product team would also be interested in understanding how different customers have implemented the mobile app access. Considering the low participation in the Office Hours today, you may want to put that question in the CA Service Management Community though.

are there any new updates coming out for USS

is anyone seeing the delayed server response error more since upgrading to 14.1

@Staphanie - 14.1.02 had some enhancements for USS. Nothing planned around USS for the next release ('Hampi') where the focus is on Level-1 Analyst experience.

ok. we have cum2 installed.

from Jason to Everyone:

stephanie that happens to me

Any last questions before we wrap up today!

from Jason to Everyone:

happened*

from Paul (CA) to Everyone:

@Stephanie - does the error occur during the same time each day?  Does it happen when performing certain functions within CA SDM?

this week it has happened when i am customizing scoreboard and not at the same time during the day

@Stephanie - Please keep an eye and report back to CA Support if the server response error persists.

from Paul (CA) to Everyone:

@Stephanie - CA Support would need to take a look at your configuration in more detail.  There might be some performance configuration tuning that can be done.

Thank you everyone for joining. Have agreat day! Please visit us in the communities.

• 2.  Re: Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (March 2016)

Posted Mar 10, 2016 05:53 PM

Thanks for sharing Chris!

Skimming through I see Jason asked about updating the supervisor field on contacts with the manager attribute in AD.  This process needs a bit of extra work to setup as the data is stored as an ldap_dn value in AD.  An extra sql query will need to be run to convert the data to a contact_uuid.

Perhaps someone can forward the following thread to Jason. I can't tell who the poster was based off the first name!

https://communities.ca.com/message/99577921#comment-99577921

• 3.  Re: Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (March 2016)

Posted Mar 10, 2016 06:25 PM

Thanks Grant! Looking at the attendance list I think the Jason in question could be JasonLLM. Jason let us know if this is you and if so if the information Grant is providing helps you.

Regards,

Chris

Grant Bruneau wrote:

Thanks for sharing Chris!

Skimming through I see Jason asked about updating the supervisor field on contacts with the manager attribute in AD. This process needs a bit of extra work to setup as the data is stored as an ldap_dn value in AD. An extra sql query will need to be run to convert the data to a contact_uuid.

Perhaps someone can forward the following thread to Jason. I can't tell who the poster was based off the first name!

https://communities.ca.com/message/99577921#comment-99577921

• 4.  Re: Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (March 2016)

Posted Mar 10, 2016 08:52 PM

Yes, it's me chris!!

• 5.  Re: Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (March 2016)

Posted Mar 11, 2016 02:43 AM

Great! Does gbruneau's info help?