Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Decode and use

Posted Mar 17, 2016 09:28 AM

Hi All,

I have input with Json format but when I pass the input with REST API by using POST method, i am not getting valid response. Can some one please suggest me how to get the valid response back

Thanks&Regards

Rajasekhar

• 2.  Re: Decode and use

Posted Mar 17, 2016 09:34 AM

• 3.  Re: Decode and use

Posted Mar 30, 2016 08:27 AM

Can i get some inputs on this

• 4.  Re: Decode and use
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 30, 2016 11:12 AM

You may need to be more clear.

Does the URL you provided above directly call the backend service, or does it call a CA API Gateway first?

If the former, then you need to understand the interface of the backend service? How does it expect to receive requests? Do you have documentation for it? For starters, most APIs that expect content to be sent via a HTTP POST expect that content to be sent as the body of the message, not as a query string parameter like your example above.

If the latter, you still need to understand the former, but you also need to understand the interface of the gateway service and the gateway service's policy. Can you successfully call the backend service directly? Can you share your gateway service policy? In any case, if you are hitting the gateway first, it does look like the request is being forwarded to the backend services, because the response has a HTTP server header value of "mashery proxy". That's not something that the CA API Gateway would add on it's own.