CA Service Management

• 1.  Sending email to unregistered id

Posted Mar 21, 2016 09:04 AM

Dear Team,

I would like to develop one functionality in CA but I am not sure ,how to implement it.

Requirement-  We get an email from end user to create a ticket in CA but that user can send email also from his unregistered email id (Gmail or Yahoomail ids) which doesn't exist in his user profile.

Now requirement is, after creation of ticket ,notification should also send to that email id from where user sent the email for ticket creation.

I am not sure how to implement this functionality to sending the notification in unregistered email id.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Manish

• 2.  Re: Sending email to unregistered id
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2016 09:46 AM

Hi Manish,  unfortunately the application is only capable of looking at the email address on the contact record in service desk, and since you cannot add multiple email addresses to a single contact, there is no way for it to match up the service desk contact with the alternate email address.  Something like this would be a good idea for an enhancement, which you can do by posting an "idea" here on the communities.  Then folks can vote for it, and product management can review it.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Sending email to unregistered id

Posted Jul 25, 2016 08:47 AM

you can create a procedure to send email search for sp_send_dbmail