Symantec IGA

• 1.  IM User console access

Posted Mar 21, 2016 12:04 PM

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to restrict access to IM User console for only list of users without SiteMinder ?

regards,

Andres

• 2.  Re: IM User console access

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2016 01:17 PM

In 12.6.3 it is protected out of the box.  In the Configuration guide of 12.6.3 you can read page 258

I believe this was started in 12.6 GA.

Three options are:

1. Use Siteminder

2. Configure J2EE security in your application server

or

3.Upgrade IDM to a version that supports this out of the box and configure this post upgrade.  Automatic configuration for this is only done during the install.

Please reply to this thread with whichever you choose.

Thanks,

Scott Owens

• 3.  Re: IM User console access

Posted Mar 21, 2016 01:25 PM

Hmm.. Do you mean management console or USER console ? I asked about user console. Could you give reference to CA wiki ?

• 4.  Re: IM User console access
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2016 01:49 PM

The user console is protected by the web.xml within the userconsole.war by editing the agentauth filter and setting it to true.

Than editing the ra.xml within the policyserver.rar editing to say enabled=false for Siteminder.  This will cause Identity Managers user console to protect itself using the servlet filter agent.

Thank you again,

Scott Owens

• 5.  Re: IM User console access

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2016 10:44 AM

The access to the user console login page can be protected by Site minder, but you will have to provide username and password to login into the User Console itself.

Can you maybe upload the page you would like to protect, because I'm not sure I understand completely what page are you referring.

Thanks,

Chen Rayman