Plex 2E

• 1.  C++ COM AUTOMATION Get Input/Output Fields Names of some DLL

Posted Mar 23, 2016 09:21 AM

Hey, Is it possible to know the name of each field of the input/output variables of a dll function(C++)? I know that are a tool to do this called Var2Xml but it only works with C# compiled functions. Thanks

• 2.  Re: C++ COM AUTOMATION Get Input/Output Fields Names of some DLL

Posted Mar 23, 2016 10:35 AM

I'd point you to the experts in this field PE Explorer: F.A.Q. - What is a PE file format? * Delphi disassembler? * How to open dll analyze function?

How do I view the parameter and return types of a function? Dependency Walker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    For most functions, this information is simply not present in the module. The Windows' module file format only provides a single text string to identify each function. There is no structured way to list the number of parameters, the parameter types, or the return type. However, some languages do something called function "decoration" or "mangling", which is the process of encoding information into the text string. For example, a function like int Foo(int, int) encoded with simple decoration might be exported as _Foo@8. The 8 refers to the number of bytes used by the parameters. If C++ decoration is used, the function would be exported as ?Foo@@YGHHH@Z, which can be directly decoded back to the function's original prototype: int Foo(int, int). Dependency Walker supports C++ undecoration by using the Undecorate C++ Functions Command.

• 3.  Re: C++ COM AUTOMATION Get Input/Output Fields Names of some DLL

Community Manager
    Posted Apr 15, 2016 02:08 PM

Hugo, were you able to solve your issue? Could you come back to the community and let us know?