Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Has anyone figured out how to change the order of the project stage "parents"

• 1.  Has anyone figured out how to change the order of the project stage "parents"

Posted Mar 23, 2016 02:10 PM

On the project stage, which is lookup INV_TYPE, the parent (top layer) is INV_TYPE which is system restricted and forces an alphabetical order. The values under it are not restricted and you choose a manual order.

Is there a way at all to have the top layer changed from alphabetical to manual? Does anyone know why it forces the alphabetical?

We have different stages per business unit and when we add new groups with their stages, it messes up the order of the other groups (and they get in a habit of going to a certain place).

Example:

DEVELOPMENT STAGES

A, b, c, d are values  - we can control this

IT Stages

d, k, e, f, .. we can control the order of the values

but, if we want IT STAGES to show in the list first (without adjusting the name to look stupid), we can't put it ahead of Development. The stage lookup would show Development first and then IT.

I hope that makes sense. and just wondering if anyone has had to try to tackle this before.  I searched support and the forums and I did not find anything.

Thanks

Lynn

• 2.  Re: Has anyone figured out how to change the order of the project stage "parents"

Posted Mar 29, 2016 07:58 AM

Hi Lynn,

There's a few ways to do this, but I think the below will be the easiest.

• go to lookups
    • Find the "Investment type" lookup (INV_TYPE)
    • Click on Levels, then select Investment process

levels.PNG

• change sort order to manual

inv_process.PNG

• swap the "lookupOpenSubtype" part in the URL to "lookupSortOrder"

url.PNG

url2.PNG

• Reorder the list as needed and save and return

reorder1.PNG

• Done

Keep in mind this is totally unsupported and might not work going forward.

I would recommend creating an idea for this functionality to be added to the product