IT Process Automation

• 1.  CAITPAM: monitor file operator not working

Posted Mar 24, 2016 05:46 PM

Hi team,

I'm having some problems making the monitor file operator work. I use this operator to detect any file presence in the "C:/temp", so the pattern I used for that is ".*" following the Posix rules as stated in the documentation.

I'm not able to make it work and it's giving me "FILENOTFOUNDERROR" in the PAM process instance execution, and an empty String in the c2o.log.

monitor file filenotfound.png

monitor file c2olog.png

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: CAITPAM: monitor file operator not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2016 10:09 AM

Here is a link to the documentation on the syntax for the "Pattern" field:

Use Masks to Specify Patterns in Strings - CA Process Automation - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 3.  Re: CAITPAM: monitor file operator not working

Posted Mar 25, 2016 10:53 AM

Thank you Andrew for your response.

I have used the same documentation to check how patterns should be written fro that operator. As you can see, I'm searching for any file: I've tried with ".*"  and also with ".+", but it's giving me the same error.

• 4.  Re: CAITPAM: monitor file operator not working
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2016 11:51 AM

If I am interpreting the doc correctly, * matches zero or more occurrences of the character next to the * and + matches 1 or more occurrences of the character next to the +.  So if you have no character in front of these, I'm not sure that will work.  And the . (dot) character seems to represent any character unless you place a slash in front of it.

If you just want to know if there is any file in that directory, why not use the Condition of "Presence" instead of "Pattern Matching"?

If you need the Pattern matching to work, I would recommend opening a support issue so that support can provide assistance with the syntax or identify any defects with the pattern matching.

• 5.  Re: CAITPAM: monitor file operator not working

Posted Mar 25, 2016 12:12 PM

If I use the condition "Presence" on a folder, it detect the presence of the folder and not the files inside.

Actually, my goal is to detect the presence of any log file in the folder. So, at first I used the pattern ".+\.log", but it didn't work and gave me the same error as the one indicated in my question. That's why I decided to go for a simpler pattern to test if the pattern matching actually works or not for the file presence in a folder.

For now, I'm pretty sure it's an issue and you're right I should to open a support case.

Thank you so much Andrew.