CA Service Management

• 1.  Clean up CI Relations

Posted Mar 25, 2016 03:55 AM

Hi All,

It possible to clear all CI relations from database.  I have plan to create new CI relations.

Please help advice for this case.

Thanks,

TK

• 2.  Re: Clean up CI Relations

Posted Mar 25, 2016 05:31 AM

Hi,

relationship are stored in the dbo.busmgt table (bmhier object).

as always I discourage to do any directly in the DBMS to avoid bypass the object layer

as you can see below several triggers are attached to this object: and those will not trigger if you do directly in the database or using pdm_load

At less take a backup

/J

• 3.  Re: Clean up CI Relations

Posted Mar 26, 2016 11:48 AM

Hi jmayer ,

Many thanks for your post.

Regards,

TK

• 4.  Re: Clean up CI Relations

Posted Mar 25, 2016 10:25 AM

While this won't remove relationships from the indicated table, it is possible to set relationships inactive using GRLoader:

Remove CI Relationships with GRLoader

We have used the following in a spreadsheet to set the indicated relationship inactive:

provider_nametypedependent_namedelete_flag
    ServerAconnects toServerB1

• 5.  Re: Clean up CI Relations

Posted Mar 26, 2016 11:49 AM

Hijmascaro ,

Many thanks for your post.

Regards,

TK

• 6.  Re: Clean up CI Relations

Posted Jun 07, 2018 02:42 PM

Have you done it support922.922? Is it safe?

Can anyone give me some feedback on how to effectively remove (not inactivate) relationships from CMDB?

It is possible to delete them through the interface, so I figured there must be a way to do so using commands or PDM_LOAD.

Didn't find any means through GrLoader. The solution below just inactivates them.

CI Relationships - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 7.  Re: Clean up CI Relations

Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:53 PM

I use the rest api to delete ci relationships, it's built into a process that runs daily to check for changes in our configuration management tools. You could build a similar process or write a simple script that takes a list of IDs from a CSV and sends delete request to the API.