CA Service Management

• 1.  Auto close ticket

Posted Mar 25, 2016 06:41 AM

We want to auto close Request that has status "Awaiting End User Response" if no input is received from requester in 7 days.

Please let us know how we can implement this.

• 2.  Re: Auto close ticket

Posted Mar 27, 2016 06:55 PM

You may write an event which is triggered after status update to Awaiting End User Response.

If any update/activity occurs before auto-close, then you should cancel that event again with another event

Or you can do the same job with spl codes

• 3.  Re: Auto close ticket

Posted Apr 18, 2016 09:06 AM

Hi ,

I have created an event which is triggered after status update to awaiting end user response and it should change status to resolved after 15 min,But it is not working.Kindly help on that.please refer below snap snots for the same.event.jpgmicro1.jpgmicr2.jpg

• 4.  Re: Auto close ticket

Posted Mar 28, 2016 04:07 AM

Hi,

my opinion might be incorrect, but I think that from the process side is incorrect to Close unresolved tickets, I think that better to Reject them.

BTW as utku.alp said, this could be achieved via SPEL in this way:

1. Create event template with action macro to switch ticket to decided status, with fixed delay equal to 7 workdays and day-time schedule;

2. Create mod file, that could look like:

MODIFY cr POST_VALIDATE z_auto_rej(status) 1337 FILTER( (status{->'AEUR'}) || (status{'AEUR'->}) );

3. Create spl file, that could have structure like this:

cr::z_auto_rej(...) {
      string old_value, new_value;
      old_value = (string) argv[2];
      new_value = (string) argv[3];
      logf(SIGNIFICANT, "[%s] AUTO_REJ - Caused by status {'%s' > '%s'}", persistent_id, old_value, new_value);

if ( (old_value == new_value) ) {
      return;
      } else if (new_value == 'AEUR') {
      <METHOD TO ATTACH EVENT HERE>
      } else if (old_value == 'AEUR') {
      <METHOD TO CANCEL EVENT HERE>
      }
    }

4. Methods to handle attached events could be found here: SPEL EVENT methods

Regards,

Timur

• 5.  Re: Auto close ticket

Posted Mar 28, 2016 10:39 PM

Another alternative is to check the flag 'Make Resolved' for that status and configure Auto-Close (Admin tab, Service Desk / Application data / Codes / Auto Close Settings) for Requests after the relevant number of end-user business hours.

Regards,

James