DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Spectrum WebClient - Next Steps - Soliciting Inputs..

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2016 10:27 AM

Hello Team,

We have started working to prioritize the next set of items for webclient.

While there are many things, one of the critical things we are looking at is topology.

As we have an opportunity to relook at the way we render Spectrum topology, we want to make sure we hear out your suggestions and pain points,

So two requests:

1. On this thread, please reply back with what you want to see in the new topology. No restrictions of OC since this is brand new technology

2. We are soliciting responses for participation in a private group where we will collaborate and shape the new topology and webclient together, more holistically. Please drop me a note at Kiran.Diwakar@ca.com if you are interested

This is a chance to do all those things we were not able to do with OC and we are very excited. Hope you are too

Regards,

Kiran

• 2.  Re: Spectrum WebClient - Next Steps - Soliciting Inputs..

Posted Mar 25, 2016 01:57 PM

As much as I want to see improvements in the web client, can you please address some of the long standing and high voted enhancement requests first?  There are many outstanding ideas with more than 30 votes that are still marked as new, and many outstanding ideas that have been under review with no further movement or comment for 6 months or more, including one about improving communication about ideas.

• 3.  Re: Spectrum WebClient - Next Steps - Soliciting Inputs..

Posted Mar 29, 2016 06:08 AM

Hi Kiran,

nearly a year has gone since I already presented a mostly working Topology-View in HTML5 (DevXChange, London 2015) and I had posted a lot of screenshot here in the community.

We are all waiting for it.Simply copy the functionality of the current Java-Topology-View. It works great in combination with the Spotlightviews as filters.

Do not forget to make the Tooltips customizeable via XML or other solutions.

I have many customers, where we modified the tooltips to present graphs (PNG-Charts) inside the tooltips.

Many open-source-tools like PHP-weathermap, Check_MK or Nagvis provide a simple way to template/format and include external/internal content into the tooltips to enrich the Mouse-Over-effects. Perhaps these could be a source for new ideas.

For the current Java based Oneclick-Topology, I used the existing XML-Files to modify the tooltips.

tooltips_spectrum.png

Nagvis

http://docs.nagvis.org/1.3/en_US/hover_templates.html

Nagvis-Demo (nagiosadmin/nagiosadmin)

http://demo.fullyautomatednagios.org/nagvis/frontend/nagvis-js/index.php

Sometimes, customers asked to get a Topologyview which reflect the utilization of the links in "percent Usage" or as "total Usage" which mostly could be done by PHP-Weathermap. I would suggest to implement something like that as 2 new Spotlight-Views. .. but that´s not a "High-Prio"-Requirement.

Weathermap-Demo

http://network-weathermap.com/manual/0.97b/example/example.html

http://network-weathermap.com/manual/0.97b/pages/main.html#example

.... last statement:

simply copy the functionality of the existing one.

• 4.  Re: Spectrum WebClient - Next Steps - Soliciting Inputs..

Posted Mar 29, 2016 07:26 AM

Hi,

one customer asked to get the option to create a Dashboard with 3 or 4 Topology-Views. They - and I had tried to use the Topology-Applet but this didn´t work in the same browser. It would be great to get the option to create a dashboard out of multiple Topology-Views.

• 5.  Re: Spectrum WebClient - Next Steps - Soliciting Inputs..

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2016 08:09 AM

Hello Mathias, Erich,

Let me respond to your concerns..

@Other ideas - absolutely. I understand and acknowledge the fact that we are now a bit behind the community ideas review. I am not trying to justify - but the problem has been some of the unforeseen initiatives and deadlines around Jasper and a few other things. We are re-instating the cross functional idea review call again - please give us some time.

@WebClient - right Erich - you have always given your valuable inputs but we are considering this as an opportunity to do things which we were not able to do with the OC. Large customers, mostly after 10.0 have wanted to change the way we rendered topology in OC - for larger environments. Given this is an opportunity I wanted to make sure we engage with this group and make sure the approach we intend to take makes things a lot more usable and relevant for the next 20 years

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 6.  Re: Spectrum WebClient - Next Steps - Soliciting Inputs..

Posted Apr 06, 2016 05:29 PM

Kiran,

I haven't found anything relevant to this yet, is it possible have an Alarm URL open in the context of that alarm in the webclient instead of OneClick? I'm thinking specifically of the Alarm URL which can be included in an emailed alarm or sent by Alarm Notifier. I've seen a few threads mentioning launching FROM the webclient in context into UIM, or OneClick I believe, but not the other way. I've had a few of my users ask about this, and I imagine it would be very helpful for them (as would drilling down from the webclient into Oneclick)- especially remote users on a slow VPN connection.

Thanks,

Jeff Hall

• 7.  Re: Spectrum WebClient - Next Steps - Soliciting Inputs..

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2016 08:15 AM

Hello Jeff,

Yes, we are considering giving webclient as the launch point from other tools.Stay tuned.

Regards,Kiran Diwakar

• 8.  Re: Spectrum WebClient - Next Steps - Soliciting Inputs..

Posted Jul 26, 2016 02:10 AM

Hello,

I would like to see users connected to the webclient ont the OneClick Client Detail Page. Right now only user connected to the java client are visible.

Regards,

Jana.

• 9.  Re: Spectrum WebClient - Next Steps - Soliciting Inputs..

Posted Jul 26, 2016 09:02 AM

I believe the OneClick web page logins are logged to <specroot>\OCLogs\client.log.  But since the web client is using REST, I believe any REST users authentication gets logged there as well. If you're using REST for other calls, you'll see the authentication for those as well.

• 10.  Re: Spectrum WebClient - Next Steps - Soliciting Inputs..

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2016 04:37 AM

Hi Jana,

We will consider including display for webclient users on OnceClick. Stay tuned.

Regards,

Sheenam