ACF2

• 1.  ACF2 R16 Documentation

Posted Mar 29, 2016 11:13 AM

R16 ACF2 documentation is one large PDF file.

Who likes this new format ?

I preferred separate manuals (e.g. Admin, SysProg, Message).... one 2900+ page doc is a bit too much...

• 2.  Re: ACF2 R16 Documentation

Posted Mar 31, 2016 07:30 AM

I don't like the new format and take every opportunity to feed this back to CA. I think the same thing is happening to other CA product documentation as I have heard my colleagues muttering about it too.

• 3.  Re: ACF2 R16 Documentation

Posted Mar 31, 2016 01:56 PM

Agreed.  One document is too much.  Personally, I thought the R15 Admin Guide was too big as well.

We were told that each chapter could be downloaded off the wiki individually, but this doesn't appear to be the case.  The PDF download icon on every single page of the wiki gives you the entire 2900+ pages, regardless of which chapter you are in.  Completely useless.

• 4.  Re: ACF2 R16 Documentation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2016 05:31 PM

The new format for CA documentation is online pages organized and searchable like an individual website for each product. We offer PDF and EPUB downloads for offline disaster and recovery compliance or as a secondary offline usage formats. We invite you to use the new online format as your primary usage documentation for the features it provides such as:

• Leave comments directly on a page/topic, enabling us to respond to your questions or concerns quickly.
    • Receive updates immediately.
    • Find what you’re looking for quickly and easily through multiple search methods.
    • Access from any device.

Many of you have used the CA ACF2 and CA Top Secret documentation for years and know exactly what guide to go to for the information you need. To help in the transition, we provided a table which maps the traditional guides to the location of the content in the new platform. To view these maps, select the following:

Mapping CA ACF2 Guides to DocOps Pages

Mapping CA Top Secret Guides to DocOps Pages

Also, we’re available to give you a quick 15 minute demo on how to navigate the new platform. Contact us at Laura.Fletcher@ca.com or Kristopher.Horgen@ca.com to set up a demo.

Thank you for your feedback.

Laura Fletcher

Principal Information Engineer

• 5.  Re: ACF2 R16 Documentation

Posted May 26, 2016 11:23 AM

As this still hasn't been fixed, and more products are being switched over to DocOps, this is becoming a larger issue for me.  As such, I have opened an enhancement request (idea).  Vote early, vote often!

Export Single Manual to PDF

• 6.  Re: ACF2 R16 Documentation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2016 11:27 AM

Due to performance issues, the original PDF capabilities had to be replaced with the current process of producing one PDF per space. CA is exploring some options to determine the viability of bringing back customized PDFing / PDF by facet. When we get a little further into some internal testing, etc., we will have more of an idea about whether it's truly viable, what the timeline is, etc.

If you have further questions or want to check in at any time on this issue, feel free to contact me.

Kris Horgen
    Senior Information Services Engineer

Kris.Horgen@ca.com

• 7.  Re: ACF2 R16 Documentation

Posted May 22, 2018 08:48 AM

I hate the new format.  

• 8.  Re: ACF2 R16 Documentation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 10:54 AM

Sorry to hear you are not happy with our DocOps format. Over the years the PDF downloads have been improved. Now you are able to create smaller PDFs for each main topic that will include all of its sub topics. You are also able to create an individual PDF of one topic.

So you are able to create a PDF of only the pages you need. Keep in mind the other benefits of the DocOps platform, too, such as leaving comments/questions from any topic, "watching" the documentation space to be notified of changes/updates, and using the powerful search mechanism.

I hope this sheds some light on your issue with DocOps. Feel free to contact us with any additional questions at Joe.Vecchione@ca.com or Kristopher.Horgen@ca.com.

Thank you for your feedback.

Joe Vecchione

Sr Information Engineer