DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How can I disable monitoring for one of the applications on a container?

• 1.  How can I disable monitoring for one of the applications on a container?

Posted Apr 05, 2016 07:47 PM

Hello all,

We have a JBoss where  there are 4 applications deployed but we want to monitor only two of them. Is there a specific configuration to turn off monitoring for the other two?

For .Net I see that we can specify the application pools we are monitoring, but could not find anything like that for java. I mean, I know we can skip classes from those application packages when creating a pbd, but would it be the only option?

• 2.  Re: How can I disable monitoring for one of the applications on a container?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 07:22 AM

Hello,

There is not a agent properly or setting that can allow you to do that.

If you know well how the application works, you could create some custom pbd to skip the unwanted packages or classes, check the Autoprobe.log

A quick workaround would be to shutoff the metric reporting from the Investigator, see The Metric Browser Tab - CA Application Performance Management - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation

Agent instrumentation for the applications will still happening, you are only preventing for the metrics to be saved in the SS database.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Sergio