AnsweredAssumed Answered

Staff OBS Browse - filter?

Question asked by Dale_Stockman Champion on Apr 6, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 by Dale_Stockman

When on Team\Staff page, one can add the Staff OBS field.  This field references a lookup:  OBS Resource Filter Browse.

This is the query:

SELECT 

@SELECT:a.name:name@,     

@SELECT:a.id:id@,

@SELECT:a.type_id:type_id@  

FROM   prj_obs_units a inner join prj_obs_object_types oot on (a.type_id = oot.type_id)

WHERE oot.table_name='SRM_RESOURCES' and @FILTER@

I'm not confident that the results in the Staff OBS Browse window actually uses this query, as the browse window includes "Level" - a value not selected, here.  Perhaps the app does something with the results before displaying them in the browse window?

Short problem:  Drill through OBS structures to identify the department one needs to associate with a role/resource is painful, maddeningly slow.

Want:  A means to filter, both by Department Name and ID - I know what needs to be selected - please don't force me through a hierarchical drill-down every time.  (Yes, once I have found one department, I can copy/paste results between cells - not good enough!).

Questions:  Has anyone done this or knows of a means to do so?  Simply changing the query or browse window settings on lookup OBS Resource Filter Browse appears to be insufficient.

Outcomes