Clarity

• 1.  14.3 Help Link Not working

Posted Apr 06, 2016 03:02 PM

We upgraded to 14.3 but now the Help link is not working.  We want it to point to docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/getting-started.  Any suggestions.

In c:\clarity\webroot\help\wikiHelp.properties, I added the following, but it still does not work.

help.restUrl=https\://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/getting-started

• 2.  Re: 14.3 Help Link Not working

Posted Apr 07, 2016 09:29 AM

Hi PaulWunder4207216, please take a look at this topic (Documentation and Online Help Changes for Release 14.3) in the 14.3 Change Impact and Upgrade. I believe this may help you.

Documentation and Online Help Changes for Release 14.3

- John

• 3.  Re: 14.3 Help Link Not working

Posted Apr 07, 2016 04:22 PM

In addition, there is no need to change the wikiHelp.properties content - even though it looks like it points to the 'old' site, in effect, it's pointing to a miniature web service that sees the version of Clarity you're using, and then directs you to the appropriate side accordingly.

The location you have specified is not a web service endpoint, and so would break the attempt to call the appropriate help.

• 4.  Re: 14.3 Help Link Not working

Posted Apr 08, 2016 03:58 PM

I talked to our Server Manager and he said:

“I talked to Stephen about it and the problem isn't the AD GPO, but the proxy. He was saying you may need an exception to allow the app access. He said it isn't easy to get one.”

Stay tuned…..  Thanks for the advice.

Paul Wunder

410-966-6402

Paul.wunder@ssa.gov

• 5.  Re: 14.3 Help Link Not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2016 11:13 AM

Hi PaulWunder4207216:

In short, your old CA Clarity Help served up static HTML/PDF from a local volume and your new CA PPM 14.3 Help serves up the latest dynamic content at docops.ca.com.

(The award-winning smart online help is explained a bit here: CA PPM Online Help Wins STC Award of Excellence .)

But more importantly, were you able to revert the changes to the properties file and configure the server to allow connections as explained in the 14.3 documentation?

• 6.  Re: 14.3 Help Link Not working

Posted Apr 11, 2016 08:21 AM

Note from our Server guy “Greg Lumpkin” from Friday:

I just finished talking with Stephen about it and the problem isn't the Active Directory GPO, but the proxy. Stephen was saying you may need an exception to allow the app access. He said it isn't easy to get one and he had to leave just now to go home. He said other COTS apps have been able to download the files and access them locally.

Thanks,

Paul Wunder

• 7.  Re: 14.3 Help Link Not working

Posted May 03, 2016 10:53 AM

Hi Paul. We have this problem too. Please vote up Easy Ability for On-Premise Users to get Help via Help Links.

• 8.  Re: 14.3 Help Link Not working

Posted May 03, 2016 01:08 PM
      |   view attached

We could not get it to work, so it was placed on a page where the site links are.

IMT is our branding of Clarity.  It points to https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/using and it works great!

Thanks,

Paul