Clarity

• 1.  How do I go about granting instance rights to Jasper Reports? 

Posted Apr 07, 2016 06:06 PM

In BO I was able to grant users access to a single report.  Is it an all or nothing decision with Jaspersoft?

We are using 14.3 and we have created a custom report for the client.  Now the client only wants to see that one report available to select.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

• 2.  Re: How do I go about granting instance rights to Jasper Reports? 

Posted Apr 08, 2016 05:04 PM

Hi,

if you right click on the report in the repository in Jaspersoft there should be a permission link. From there you can give rights to a group or an individual. You may have to check the permission on the folder the report is located as well.

I hope that helps, let me know

thanks

Tammi

• 3.  Re: How do I go about granting instance rights to Jasper Reports? 

Posted Apr 08, 2016 06:31 PM

Thanks Tammi

That did help.  I feel like it put me on the right track.  So far I have

1. Created another role in the Manage Role link.

2. Added the resource to the role

3. Right clicked on the report in the repository in Jaspersoft and used the permission link to assign  "Execute Only" rights to the role.

The problem is, when the user logs in and opens the Advanced Reporting link, she still has access to the full library of reports.  Is there a way to take those away or possibly move them where she can't see them?  We really do not want to overwhelm the users with the full list of reports.

Thanks again for helping me out.

-Rodney

• 4.  Re: How do I go about granting instance rights to Jasper Reports? 

Posted Apr 08, 2016 07:22 PM

we didn't give users rights to the CAPPM folder which has all of the reports, we created another folder called MIT Custom, this is where we would keep all of our standard reports and provide access using this folder. Create the folder outside of the CA PPM folder. Will this user run reports or will they create reports as well? If that's the case then I would create a custom folder and move your reports to the custom folder.  Would that work?

thanks

tammi

• 5.  Re: How do I go about granting instance rights to Jasper Reports? 

Posted May 23, 2016 05:52 PM

Sorry for taking so long to respond. 

Yes that worked fine.  Thank you