Release Automation

• 1.  How to get latest version of artifacts from external nexus?

Posted Apr 07, 2016 04:02 PM

@

• 2.  Re: How to get latest version of artifacts from external nexus?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2016 05:52 AM

Hi Deepesh,

Can you give more details about Nexus version you are using. Also is it mapped to RA or just an external independent nesux server.

thanks,

Saurabh

• 3.  Re: How to get latest version of artifacts from external nexus?
    Best Answer

Posted May 05, 2016 09:12 AM

Are you trying to get the latest artifact for a single application or just a list of the latest artifacts for all applications that are currently stored on your Nexus?

If just a single application then you could use the find files/ folders action and point it at the directory for the application (%NolioServerRepository%\sonatype-work\nexus\storage\nolio\<application ID>) and then sort descending by last modified.  If you are looking for all of the latest artifacts for all applications then it may be a bit more complicated:

1. point to the %NolioServerRepository%\sonatype-work\nexus\storage\nolio folder and write the contents to a string array

2. set up a FOREACH loop on the string array and output to a component parameter using the iteration element, say <app-id>

3. Use the find files or folders action on this path: %NolioServerRepository%\sonatype-work\nexus\storage\nolio\<app-id> and sort descending by last modified.

That's just a suggestion and feel free to reach out to me by email if I'm missing the mark.  We use an external Nexus repository in our environment so I am pretty familiar with querying against it for various pieces of info.

• 4.  Re: How to get latest version of artifacts from external nexus?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2016 11:41 AM

Hi Rupesh,

I will prefer to access the Nexus rest API if accessible and get the relative information it should be more feasible in this way making a remote rest call using REST operation of RA.

Nexus Rest API: REST

• 5.  Re: How to get latest version of artifacts from external nexus?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:53 AM

Hi,

Due to the age of the questions i  have marked this question as answered , if you do not have a answer  please let us know.

Regards

Dirk