DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Idea Updates for CA Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2016 12:28 PM

Hello Team,

As promised, we are back with updates for idea, after a brief gap, as we were getting pulled into multiple areas.

Please see below the updates..

Idea SubjectVotesLast StatusCommentsCurrent Status
    Develop a queue for "Discover Connections"82Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Web based Spectrum64Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Traceroute Via SpectroSERVER61Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Spectrum: Use a different icon for proxy models19Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Display Device-Hardware under the Device-View (Enhance Component Detail with a Hardware-Tab) / Enhance Chassis Manger17Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Wireless Monitoring & Performance Reporting12Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Automatic switch of the modelled ASA connections after the ASA switched to secondary (in Spectrum)11Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Make ESX Host models of Spectrum - UIM integration VMware Management movable from Universe topology into a container7Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Spectrum official support for Google Chrome9Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Resource Monitors should be independent10Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Spectrum should reliably detect reboots - no more false alarms28Currently PlannedPart of Spectrum 10.1 releaseDelivered
    Spectrum Archive Manager enhancement114Under ReviewThis idea is lined up for future releases of SpectrumCurrently Planned
    Spectrum NCM - add unsupported devices to default device families32NewWe have reviewed this idea and outcome of the discussion is that this idea is not feasible. Since Unsupported Devices are mostly model with GnSNMPdev which is highly generic model type and it will be undefined behavior.Not Planned
    Support NCM on Remote Operations Server3NewWe have reviewed this idea and outcome of the discussion is that this idea is not feasible.Not Planned
    NCM - Firmware Repository5NewWe have reviewed this idea and outcome of the discussion is that this idea is not feasible.Not Planned

We have the community webcast tomorrow and we can take any questions around the ideation process.

Questions/comments welcome.

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 2.  Re: Idea Updates for CA Spectrum

Posted Apr 11, 2016 03:00 PM

You missed a few.

Vcenter 6.0 support for VCAIM

Don't destroy formattings of the Spectrum EventDisp and CsEvFormat files after modifications with the Event Configurator

CA Spectrum SNMP Profile Management

Display the conflicts when the catalogs are not in sync

Locater change: Searches saved on SS instead of OC

Supporting NCM on SDC

In addition, there are quite a few ideas that are listed as under review that have been in that state for months without any updates.  Some of them are 3 or 4 years old with 50 or more votes.  What is the point of submitting enhancement requests?

• 3.  Re: Idea Updates for CA Spectrum

Posted Apr 18, 2016 02:15 PM

Still no update on these? 

• 4.  Re: Idea Updates for CA Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2016 01:43 AM

Hello mwegner,

I have already updated the first and last one. We will shortly provide an update for others also.

Thanks,

Nagesh

• 5.  Re: Idea Updates for CA Spectrum

Posted Apr 26, 2016 09:34 AM

You know, I just read the list again and saw that you marked web based spectrum as delivered.  I think you and I already talked about how that isn't even close.  The current web client is a nice start and is a very functional alarm panel, but it doesn't offer topology views, maintenance mode, editing devices, editing global collections, viewing non-alarm events, etc. 

• 6.  Re: Idea Updates for CA Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2016 11:03 AM

Hello mwegner,

Looks like there is some confusion. We agreed to keep this idea open instead. Web view of topology

And I see the conversation you asked this idea to be open and continue tracking. Let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks,

Nagesh 

• 7.  Re: Idea Updates for CA Spectrum

Posted Apr 26, 2016 03:35 PM

You are correct, I was thinking of that idea.