Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

CA PPM 14.3 Jaspersoft Reporting - Question on using non-custom attributes fields

• 1.  CA PPM 14.3 Jaspersoft Reporting - Question on using non-custom attributes fields

Posted Apr 12, 2016 01:17 PM

Hi

In CA PPM 14.3, we can push the custom attributes to datawarehouse by checking attribute property which is fine. But we have several objects in BOXI which are not attributes by themselves. For example, CABI OOB Project universe has WBS Phase Activity Name, WBS Activity Name, WBS Record Type.  These are not direct attributes but CABI universe has some SQL logic behind them.   Is it possible to get these kind of fields in datawarehouse without doing lot of customization?

Please let me know

Thanks

Regards

Ravi Chandramouli

• 2.  Re: CA PPM 14.3 Jaspersoft Reporting - Question on using non-custom attributes fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2016 05:57 PM

Hi Ravi

What I'd recommend you is to get the exact SQL query.
    To do this, add the same field in a Webi report, then click View SQL. Once you get the SQL you can use it as well in your SQL Jaspersoft reports. Alternatively you can use it to create a dynamic lookup field attribute on Project object, which you then can enable for DWH and add to your reports and ad-hoc views.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 3.  Re: CA PPM 14.3 Jaspersoft Reporting - Question on using non-custom attributes fields

Posted Apr 15, 2016 06:22 PM

Hi Nika,

I have SQLs already for the non custom attributes.I am not worried about in using them in Jaspersoft professional designer.  My  question is how to add these fields  the domain without configuring application.  I would like to add these fields to the domain so that they will be available for self service reporting users.  Is creating an attribute in Project object and enable for DWH the only way? or Is there any other way to add the fields to domain without touching application

Please let me know

Thanks

Ravi