Clarity

Recreate project General and Labor Effort portlets with additional data?

• 1.  Recreate project General and Labor Effort portlets with additional data?

Posted Apr 12, 2016 04:49 PM

Wondering if anyone has gone about recreating the General and Labor Effort portlets on the project dashboard since they are oh so helpfully restricted? I found some previous questions/discussions about these portlets but nothing with a final solution. The best I've come up with so far is to create a new grid portlet based on a query that returns the data in multiple rows, but it seems sub-optimal so wanted to see if anyone else had tackled the issue and came up with a better result. For one thing everything has to be returned from the DB as text, so stuff like indicator images is a no go, at least that I have come up with.

SELECT @SELECT:DIM:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:ORH_GEN:SortVal:SortVal@,
           @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:ORH_GEN:Cols:Cols@,
           @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:ORH_GEN:Vals:Vals@
      FROM
      (
    select 'Project ID', unique_code, 2 as SortVal FROM niku.ODF_PROJECT_V2 WHERE odf_pk=@WHERE:PARAM:XML:INTEGER:/data/id/@value@
    union all
    select 'Description', description, 3 as SortVal FROM niku.ODF_PROJECT_V2 WHERE odf_pk=@WHERE:PARAM:XML:INTEGER:/data/id/@value@
    union all
    select 'Schedule Finish', CONVERT(sql_variant,schedule_finish), 5 as SortVal FROM niku.ODF_PROJECT_V2 WHERE odf_pk=@WHERE:PARAM:XML:INTEGER:/data/id/@value@
    union all
    select 'Schedule Start', CONVERT(sql_variant,schedule_start), 4 as SortVal FROM niku.ODF_PROJECT_V2 WHERE odf_pk=@WHERE:PARAM:XML:INTEGER:/data/id/@value@
    union all
    select 'Project Manager', r.FULL_NAME, 6 as SortVal FROM niku.ODF_PROJECT_V2
        LEFT OUTER JOIN niku.SRM_RESOURCES r ON r.USER_ID = manager
        WHERE odf_pk=@WHERE:PARAM:XML:INTEGER:/data/id/@value@
    union all
    select 'Overall Status', status_indicator =
          CASE status_indicator
             WHEN '1' THEN 'On Track'
             WHEN '2' THEN 'Minor Variance'
             WHEN '3' THEN 'Significant Variance'
             ELSE 'Unknown'
          END, 7 as SortVal FROM niku.ODF_PROJECT_V2 WHERE odf_pk=@WHERE:PARAM:XML:INTEGER:/data/id/@value@
        ) data

WHERE @FILTER@