Clarity

• 1.  One Filter for Multiple portlets on a portlet page.

Posted Apr 13, 2016 07:41 AM

Does anyone know if it is possible in Clarity 13.3 to have one filter that will filter multiple portlets on one portlet page? For example I have a portlet page created with two portlets on it. One for Capital expenses and one for Current expenses. I would like to be able to key in the filter on these portlets by project number. Now I have to go to the Capital portlet and filter by project and then go to the Current portlet and filter by project number. I would like to key in the project number once and both portlets would filter. It doesn't seem possible to me but I am only a rookie when it comes to building portlets so I thought I would ask.

• 2.  Re: One Filter for Multiple portlets on a portlet page.
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 13, 2016 08:05 AM

This is known as a "filter portlet". Pretty useful functionality actually.

You create the filter portlet - which only contains filter fields.

Then on the page layout (on which you've added you normal portlet(s) ) you also add the filter-portlet and then associate/map the fields from the filter-portlet with the fields in your normal portlet(s).  The fields have to be the same datatype / lookup type etc.

• 3.  Re: One Filter for Multiple portlets on a portlet page.

Posted Apr 13, 2016 09:59 AM

Strange I tried all of that and it is still not showing up on my page.

• 4.  Re: One Filter for Multiple portlets on a portlet page.

Posted Apr 13, 2016 10:20 AM

Honestly it works!

Do you see stuff OK in the studio-page definition but not the application?

You (your users) need view permissions on the filter portlet just like you would on a normal portlet.

• 5.  Re: One Filter for Multiple portlets on a portlet page.

Posted Apr 13, 2016 12:19 PM

Got it to work. Thanks so much.