One of the functionalities of UIM is the Web Archive.
There, you can do the following things:
- List all available probes
- Download/install available probes, which are not already installed in the local archive
- Check, if upgrades are available for any of the components in the local archive
- Easely download/upgrade any of the components
- Access the current release notes of the probes
As a valid support account is needed to access the Web Archive and support accounts are only delivered to partners, the end customers cannot use the Web Archive.
The partner has to provide all packages, updates, documentation, ...
For the core product, this works as usual, but in the Web Archive are over 200 components, which are partially updated every few days.
Is it really not possible to distinguish between full support accounts and web archive accounts?
How do other customers and partner deal with this restriction?
What is the best (practicable) way to give customers access to the probes and packages?
E.g. is there a package which contains all probes and which can be imported to the local archiv initially, is there a newletter which reports new probe versions?