IT Process Automation

• 1.  CA PAM (JRE) version 1.7 is not supported by this driver

Posted Apr 14, 2016 04:06 PM

Hi , I have installed PAM 4.2.200 and when I execute a SQL operator the operation results and logs shows me an error related with JRE

the server is running Java version 7 update 75 build 1.7.0_75

log

2016-04-14 14:38:09,557 ERROR [com.optinuity.c2o.service.serviceoperation.jdbcserviceoperation.RunnerJDBCSelectServiceOperation] [70-3e091901a9fd] null failed to execute:

com.optinuity.c2o.util.C2OException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.7 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.

at com.optinuity.c2o.service.serviceoperation.jdbcserviceoperation.RunnerJDBCSelectServiceOperation.processRequestedOperation(RunnerJDBCSelectServiceOperation.java:438)

at com.optinuity.c2o.service.serviceoperation.jdbcserviceoperation.RunnerJDBCSelectServiceOperation.run(RunnerJDBCSelectServiceOperation.java:77)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

operation result

Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.7 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.

How can I solved this, I did the installation of third party components over and over.

thanks.

• 2.  Re: CA PAM (JRE) version 1.7 is not supported by this driver
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2016 04:29 PM

From the error message it appears you need to use sqljdbc4.jar

You can find this jar file on the third party installer, Disk 1:

\Disk1\thirdparty\mssql\sqljdbc_3.0\enu\sqljdbc4.jar

Add this to the Orchestrator resources:  Upload Orchestrator Resources

After restarting the Orchestrator you will find it in the Orchestrator Resources area of the Configuration tab:

And can be used as the JDBC driver for calls into MS SQL.

• 3.  Re: CA PAM (JRE) version 1.7 is not supported by this driver

Posted Apr 19, 2016 04:07 PM

Hi, thanks for the answer, but did not work, I tried deleting the .jar files and then performing settings following the instructions.

I will create a case with the support line.

thanks.

• 4.  Re: CA PAM (JRE) version 1.7 is not supported by this driver

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2016 04:14 PM

Cristian,

You should not have had to delete anything, PAM can have as many JDBC jar resources as you would like to add.  

Was the Orchestrator restarted?

After the restart do you see the sqljdbc4.jar in the folders:

install_dir/server/c2o/ext-lib

install_dir/server/c2o/.c2orepository/.c2oserverresources/lib

If that checks out what is the JDBC driver string you are using?

EDIT: Strike through incorrect details about not needing to remove driver.   Both sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc4.jar are referenced with the same driver string and PAM will find and use the incorrect driver.   To use sqljdbc4.jar, sqljdbc.jar will need to be removed, both from the resources and the above folders.

• 5.  Re: CA PAM (JRE) version 1.7 is not supported by this driver

Posted Apr 20, 2016 04:34 PM

Hi, I did all the process but is not working, same error appear.

• 6.  Re: CA PAM (JRE) version 1.7 is not supported by this driver

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2016 04:51 PM

If this still isnt working and throwing the same error I am guessing it is still finding and using the wrong driver.

I would recommend ensuring that the sqljdbc.jar file has been removed from the Orchestrator resources, and manually remove it from the folders:

install_dir/server/c2o/ext-lib

install_dir/server/c2o/.c2orepository/.c2oserverresources/lib

Ensure that Resources on the Configuration tab only show the sqljdbc4.jar, and that that is the only sqljdbc jar file in the above folders.

Otherwise we will need to see what is setup in pam and in your process.   You could try attaching some screenshots here, but this would be better investigated through a support ticket.

• 7.  Re: CA PAM (JRE) version 1.7 is not supported by this driver

Posted Apr 20, 2016 05:54 PM

it, works!!!

thanks!