We moved to 14.2 out of box and the help mentions a Properties -> Schedule tab to turn on time entry, but ours shows the open for time entry under settings which requires Financial Edit rights and exposes the matrix. Where did the schedule menu go?
The help indicates the Schedule selection should still exist but ....
Define Scheduling Information
Use this procedure to define the idea start and finish dates, open the idea for time entry, and define its charge code.
Follow these steps:
- Open Home, and from Demand Management, click Ideas.
- Open an idea.
- Click the Properties tab and click Schedule.
- In the Schedule section of the page, complete the following fields:
- Start Date
- Indicates the idea start date. When you convert the idea into an investment, the date is the investment start date.
- Finish Date
- Indicates the idea finish date. When you convert the idea into an investment, the date becomes the investment finish date.
- Set Planned Cost Dates
- Specifies if the planned cost dates are synchronized with the investment dates. Selecting the option for a detailed financial plan does not affect the planned cost dates.Default: Selected
- In the Tracking section of the page, complete the following fields:
- Time Entry
- Select the field to allow staff members to record the time they work on the idea on the timesheets.Important! Ensure that you select the Time Entry field to enable staff members to record work on ideas on the timesheets.Default: Selected
- Track Mode
- Indicates the method for the staff members to enter time for hours worked on the idea.Options:
- Clarity. Staff members record time using timesheets.
- None. Non-labor resources track actuals through transaction vouchers or through a scheduler, such as Open Workbench.
- Other. Import actuals from a third-party application.
- Charge Code
- Select a default charge code to use for all idea tasks. If you enter a different charge code at the task level on timesheets, the task-level charge codes override the idea-level charge code.
- Click Save and Return, or Submit for Approval.