DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Force a value for CEM metrics that have not been triggered.

Posted Apr 19, 2016 09:26 PM

Hey all,

I am creating dashboard templates for CEM related metrics. One issue I have come across, is that is appears that some of the metrics, such as slow time, unauthorised access etc only show up once they are triggered (in the investigator tree). On a dashboard, this will show up as a grey 'traffic light' as there is no data. Does anyone know if there is a way to force a value for the metric, ideally 0 is no data is coming through. This is so that the light will be green, until the threshold is breached when a metric such as slow time is triggered. I know you can force a metric in the EPAgent to report a certain value if there is no data. Not sure if it can be done with CEM.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Force a value for CEM metrics that have not been triggered.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2016 12:26 AM

Hi Daniel,

One option would be to create a javascript calculator so you can check for "no data" and create a virtual metric to base the dashboard alert on.

The relevant function to check for absent data is: "metricData[i].timeslicedValue.dataIsAbsent()"

OOTB script BtStats-DefectPercent.js uses it.

Some  other community refs here:

Re: Javascript calculator count unused metrics

Re: JavaScript Calculator Questions

Main wiki here: Using JavaScript calculators - CA Application Performance Management - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Other contributors might have alternative suggestions.

Hope this helps

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Force a value for CEM metrics that have not been triggered.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2016 07:57 AM

Hi Daniel:

Was Lynn's answer helpful? Do you have any followup questions?

Thanks

Hal German