DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Nimsoft: Probe: URL_response not flagging alarms to UMP

Posted Apr 20, 2016 07:06 AM

Hi there,

I have an issue with the URL_response probe and I am hoping that someone can point me in the correct direction.

Issue:

• I deployed the probe normally through Infrastructure Manager (IM), added a few URLs under the default group and kept the settings to default for the Profile properties. I am just checking for standard QoS as the moment.
    • Unfortunately, the alarms are not displaying in UMP but I can see that alarms from URL_response are being flagged from the server. Other probes on the server are working as expected.

Thanks,

Patrick

• 2.  Re: Nimsoft: Probe: URL_response not flagging alarms to UMP

Posted Apr 20, 2016 12:53 PM

you may have to restart the discovery server so UMP see its under the main hub.

• 3.  Re: Nimsoft: Probe: URL_response not flagging alarms to UMP

Posted Apr 21, 2016 09:04 AM

Thanks! CA looked into it and it was just a misunderstanding of the expected output. I was checking for non-locally hosted sites hence they were not appearing under the alarm section of the monitored device.

• 4.  Re: Nimsoft: Probe: URL_response not flagging alarms to UMP

Posted Feb 22, 2018 08:48 AM

Hi Patrick,  I am just setting up UIM and have been experimenting with the URL Response probe.  I think I'm having the same issue you described above.  My scenario is that we have hundreds of URLs across multiple web farms.  I would like to deploy a URL probe to each web server and monitor the sites on the servers individually.  That way if one of the probes goes into alarms we can see very easily which server is having an issue as the URL would be associated with alarms on the hosting server.  Currently, the URL probe is just hanging out in the inventory bucket of UMP. 

Your response above makes sense that it is checking non-locally hosted sites which would seem to not directly connect the URL with the server hosting it.  How were you able to resolve this?  In other words, can the URL monitor check for locally hosted sites on a server and report alarms associated with that server?  I searched through the raw configuration and I don't see an option to set the site as local vs. non-local.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.