Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

When building a multipart mime message with a binary attachments, how can you add such a binary attachment to the message?

• 1.  When building a multipart mime message with a binary attachments, how can you add such a binary attachment to the message?

Posted Apr 22, 2016 03:37 AM

I am trying to build a multipart mime message with the gateway. When creating such a message i retrieve a binary attachment from a database (let's say an image). I add the retrieved blob to a context var (of type message) and subsequently add it to the builded message after a boundary.

However when i add it to the message, it seems the gateway intereprets the message as text and the file is not readable anymore.

My question is: how can i build a multipart mime message with a binary attachment (which i retrieve from a database) with the gateway?

Many thanks,

Jan Jaap Zoutendijk

• 2.  Re: When building a multipart mime message with a binary attachments, how can you add such a binary attachment to the message?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2016 09:06 PM

Hi Jan,

Should it be Base64 encoded first?

Regards,

Mark

• 3.  Re: When building a multipart mime message with a binary attachments, how can you add such a binary attachment to the message?

Posted Apr 29, 2016 05:05 AM

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your response. The file should not be base64 encoded first, i'm trying to send the original file.

Regards,

Jan Jaap

• 4.  Re: When building a multipart mime message with a binary attachments, how can you add such a binary attachment to the message?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2016 02:23 AM

Hello Jan,

Here is a sample policy for multi-part response. But it's for text. I'm not sure if you can load binary data into a context variable ${attachment}, if yes, then you can use this policy.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<wsp:Policy xmlns:L7p="http://www.layer7tech.com/ws/policy" xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/12/policy">

<wsp:All wsp:Usage="Required">

<L7p:SetVariable>

<L7p:AssertionComment assertionComment="included">

<L7p:Properties mapValue="included">

<L7p:entry>

<L7p:key stringValue="LEFT.COMMENT"/>

<L7p:value stringValue="v2 - 1"/>

</L7p:entry>

</L7p:Properties>

</L7p:AssertionComment>

<L7p:Base64Expression stringValue="VGhpcyBpcyBhbiBhdHRhY2htZW50Lg=="/>

<L7p:VariableToSet stringValue="attachment"/>

</L7p:SetVariable>

<L7p:SetVariable>

<L7p:value stringValue="v2 - 2"/>

<L7p:Base64Expression stringValue="LS1YWFhYYm91bmRhcnkNCkNvbnRlbnQtVHlwZTogdGV4dC9wbGFpbg0KDQp0aGlzIGlzIHRoZSBib2R5IHRleHQNCg0KLS1YWFhYYm91bmRhcnkNCkNvbnRlbnQtRGVzY3JpcHRpb246IEZpbGUgVHJhbnNmZXINCkNvbnRlbnQtRGlzcG9zaXRpb246IGF0dGFjaG1lbnQ7ZmlsZW5hbWU9InRlc3QudHh0Ig0KQ29udGVudC1UeXBlOiBhcHBsaWNhdGlvbi9vY3RldC1zdHJlYW0NCkNvbnRlbnQtVHJhbnNmZXItRW5jb2Rpbmc6IGJpbmFyeQ0KRXhwaXJlczogMA0KQ2FjaGUtQ29udHJvbDogbXVzdC1yZXZhbGlkYXRlLCBwb3N0LWNoZWNrPTAsIHByZS1jaGVjaz0wDQpQcmFnbWE6IHB1YmxpYw0KDQoke2F0dGFjaG1lbnR9DQoNCi0tWFhYWGJvdW5kYXJ5LS0="/>

<L7p:VariableToSet stringValue="resp"/>

</L7p:SetVariable>

<L7p:HardcodedResponse>

<L7p:value stringValue="v2 -3"/>

<L7p:Base64ResponseBody stringValue="JHtyZXNwfQ=="/>

<L7p:ResponseContentType stringValue="multipart/mixed;boundary=XXXXboundary"/>

</L7p:HardcodedResponse>

</wsp:All>

</wsp:Policy>