Clarity

• 1.  Is there any option to mention Language code while Xoggin out Custom Objects

Posted Apr 22, 2016 10:39 AM

Hi All, When we Xog out Custom Object do we have any option to mention Language Code?

I had a Custom Object read file with this Skeleton

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">

<Header version="8.0" action="read" objectType="contentPack" externalSource="NIKU">

<!-- the contentType is used to determine which filter goes where -->

<args contentType="job_definition" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>

<args contentType="menu" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>

<args contentType="view" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>

<args contentType="process" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>

<args contentType="object" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>

</Header>

<ObjectQuery>

<Filter name="object_code" criteria="EQUALS">z_cust</Filter>

</ObjectQuery>

</NikuDataBus>

• 2.  Re: Is there any option to mention Language code while Xoggin out Custom Objects

Posted Apr 23, 2016 01:52 AM

Hi,

could you please specify it? You would like to mention Language Code of what?

Custom objects does not have any attribute with the value of Language Code after creation a new one.

You can add a custom lookup attribute where you can choose a language code and it will be exported same as all other attributes on the custom object.

Regards,

Martin

• 3.  Re: Is there any option to mention Language code while Xoggin out Custom Objects

Posted Apr 23, 2016 04:25 AM

The way I understand it there is no option for language code.

When you XOG read anything all the items that have NLS captions come with all languages, though the values may be the same depending how they are created.

Some people (including me) think that is really a pain as most of the time any user uses just one of the supported languages and the NLS names and descriptions just create thousands of useless lines in the output file.

fpena has tools to strip those lines and other unneeded lines from the output file so that is smaller for further processing.

• 4.  Re: Is there any option to mention Language code while Xoggin out Custom Objects

Posted Apr 25, 2016 11:59 AM

Hi,

Ya i was not specific.
    I want to know if can we include a Tag which mentions Language code = 'en'.

Thanks.

• 5.  Re: Is there any option to mention Language code while Xoggin out Custom Objects

Posted Apr 25, 2016 01:31 PM

If you put the tag in it is not going to  remove the other languages. Either it does not do anything or it gives an error.

When used  in reading it is not going  to damage anything, just try it yourself

• 6.  Re: Is there any option to mention Language code while Xoggin out Custom Objects

Posted Apr 23, 2016 08:40 AM

This has come up a few times;

languageCode suppress on XOG object read?

How to XOG out look up for particular language?

So "No" is the answer ; but you can edit the resultant XML (in various ways) to remove the junk.