Gen EDGE

• 1.  TD anomaly between DB2 and Oracle

Posted Apr 25, 2016 01:37 PM
      |   view attached

Hi.  I have explained the situation, complete with screenshots, in the attached doc.  Basic premise - I have 2 relationships that appear to be identical "to the naked eye", but when implemented, the toolset puts one foreign key on one table, and one foreign key on the other tables, whereas for DB2, it correctly put both fks on the same table.  I have tried everything I can think of to force where Gen put the FK to no avail.  Got any ideas??  Thanks....Cathy

Attachment(s)

docx
    CIS TJ Anomaly.docx   175 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: TD anomaly between DB2 and Oracle

Posted Apr 25, 2016 02:54 PM

Since these are fully optional, one-to-one, relationships, from a logical viewpoint, it does not matter on which tables the foreign keys are placed.  I'm assuming you care because it makes moving the data from DB2 to Oracle easier?

The only difference I see is the percentage of times those relationships are going to exist.  Perhaps the Oracle transformation takes that into account whereas the DB2 one does not.

• 3.  Re: TD anomaly between DB2 and Oracle

Posted Apr 25, 2016 03:55 PM

Hi John.  Well, "theoretically" it doesn't matter which table the fks are placed, but in reality, they do both belong on one table.  I saw that percentage difference as well, and wondered if that was the problem.  I will see if I can monkey with those to get the DDL that I am after.  Going from DB2 to Oracle sure has had it challenges...... thanks!