DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Jasper Spectrum Integration

Legacy User

Legacy UserApr 28, 2016 06:32 AM

• 1.  Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Apr 27, 2016 07:48 AM

Hi,

We are using spectrum version 10.1.1 & Jasper version 6.1.

We have distributed spectrum architecture.Total 8 SS & 1 OC & JasperSoft on another server.

We have successfully install the jasper soft & now we are trying to integrate the jasper soft with spectrum.But unable to get the success.We have filled all the required field which is present in JASPER INTEGRATION option.

Can anyone facing the same issue.Kindly help me on the same.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Sudha Mishra

Tata Consultancy Services

• 2.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Apr 27, 2016 09:19 AM

I'd like to help, but I'm struggling just getting JasperSoft installed.  It's a hair-puller for sure.

• 3.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2016 11:29 AM

Josh - I just posted a video here: Installing CABI 6.1 JasperReports Server

See if that helps!

• 4.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted May 02, 2016 03:40 PM

That video helped a lot Matthew.  Thanks!

• 5.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Apr 27, 2016 09:35 AM

I'm waiting for the Linux version. I'm keen to fiddle with this as well.

• 6.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Apr 27, 2016 11:29 AM

Frank - Linux version will be coming with CABI 6.2 which is coming with Spectrum 10.2.

Released second half of this year!

• 7.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Apr 28, 2016 03:59 PM

Yes, I have heard this rumour too I'm waiting patiently!

• 8.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted May 03, 2016 05:15 AM

Is there going to be a more interactive installer, or at least a proper "step by step" instruction for each DB type as trying to get this working on Windows 2012 R2 with a separate MS SQL server with differing instructions and NO sample config is near-on impossible.

Alternatively, how about an actual installer rather than having to faff around with myriad config files and tweaking folders and installing pre-reqs manually.

Thanks!

Dave

• 9.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted May 17, 2016 11:06 AM

Hey David,

This is coming!  The SOI team already developed a GUI installer for SOI Reports.

The Spectrum team is developing a GUI installer as well.

Keep an eye out for this.

Thanks,
    Matt

• 10.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Apr 27, 2016 11:30 AM

What kind of errors are you getting?

Can you provide us with a screenshot perhaps?

• 11.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Apr 28, 2016 06:32 AM

Jasper Integration (1).PNG

• 12.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2016 06:44 AM

What password you have set? Did you set 'superuser' as password?

• 13.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted May 02, 2016 03:41 PM

That's likely it.  I had to type in the password 'superuser' as well to get it to work.

• 14.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2016 11:00 AM

• 15.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted May 16, 2016 08:01 AM

Hi, we have used the same db MySQL of spectrum , not intalled saparate other db. Also the user name is superuser and password is superuser.

• 16.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2016 11:03 AM

Hi,

Did you try using the Fully Qualified Hostname for the Jasper Server? Instead of just the hostname?

Thank you,

Bill

• 17.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted May 19, 2016 02:23 AM

Hi William,

Thanks for the reply but we already tried using the Fully Qualified Hostname  but still its not working.

• 18.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Aug 04, 2016 07:25 AM

I like this idea, but haven't used the Spectrum mysql instance because of fears that CA Support wouldn't support it. Usually the db is hands-off for anything non-read only.

What are your experiences with CA Support and this model? Do you get any issues?

• 19.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Nov 19, 2016 05:50 AM

Hi Frank,

Only just noticed this post of yours!  Yes, a few months ago for a customer, we successfully followed the steps in the wiki to share the same MySql as an existing Spectrum OC, and the result worked ok!  I.e....

CREATE USER 'jasper'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'jasper';
    GRANT CREATE, DROP, INDEX, SELECT, DELETE, ALTER, INSERT, UPDATE, LOCK TABLES on *.* to 'jasper'@'%' identified by 'jasper';

But as noted elsewhere on this thread the CA wiki docs are a bit poor for this topic and you have to jump around between the Spectrum and CABI areas a bit. We also watched the u-tube vid which helps a lot if you are installing a dedicated MySQL (the more usual situation I guess).

• 20.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted May 18, 2016 07:09 AM

• 21.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted May 19, 2016 02:25 AM

Hi Javed,

Thanks for the Link.

We already followed the below link document while installing and integrating the Jaspersoft.

• 22.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 11:26 PM

If you locally access the JasperReports server using below URL
         http://localhost:<port>/jasperserver-pro/login.html

Note: replace <port> with the actual port number you have configured.

does it give you login page? If so, login as superuser/superuser, can you log in?

• 23.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted May 20, 2016 05:55 AM

Hi Widjaja,

Thanks for your reply.

We can not access the JasperReports server using below given url.

http://localhost:<port>/jasperserver-pro/login.html

Where as we can access the Jasperserver home page and also able to login with superuser/superuser credentials on below url:

http://localhost:38080/srm/login.html

We are only facing the an error on oneclick page while integrating the Jaspersoft with Spectrum that the logon user is invalid.

Attaching the screen shot for working URL and non working url for your reference.

Regards,

Umesh

jasper non working url.JPGworking url with superuser.JPGHi Widjaja,

• 24.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted May 20, 2016 06:00 AM

Error while integrating the Spectrum with Jaspersoft.

jaspersoft error.JPG

• 25.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Mar 08, 2017 10:45 AM

I am facing the same error now ,tried all things can someone help .It is not new setup.

"The requested resource is not available"

• 26.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Mar 08, 2017 10:49 AM

Did you retype in the password field?

Be sure to try that first.

• 27.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Mar 08, 2017 11:57 AM

Yes I did, but I'm unable to  access the jasper locally too.

• 28.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Mar 08, 2017 01:08 PM

Hi Issac,

You say "not a new setup" - so - was Jasper working and allowing local access OK, and then the local access to Jasper has now stopped working?

Or was there a change?  

What are the versions (Spectrum, Jasper) involved here?

Cheers, Dan

• 29.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Mar 09, 2017 08:24 AM

This has been resolved ,Jasper DB password got expired  which caused the issue.

• 30.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 06:56 PM

Hi Umesh,

So you have set 'srm' as webAppName in sample.properties file during install?
    When you reproduce the problem, what exceptions do you get in OneClick Tomcat's log, i.e. $SPECROOT/tomcat/logs/stdout.log on Windows or $SPECROOT/tomcat/logs/catalina.out on Linux)?

Regards,
    Widjaja

• 31.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2016 01:01 AM

Hi Widjaja,

They have a case opened for the same

they are getting below error in the stdout.log

May 06, 2016 16:20:57.429 (http-bio-28080-exec-5) (RepMgr) - (DEBUG) - Performing Jasper Integration.

May 06, 2016 16:21:01.299 (http-bio-28080-exec-5) (ReportManager) - (ERROR) - java.lang.NullPointerException at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.jaxrs.client.core.JasperserverRestClient.login(JasperserverRestClient.java:74) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.jaxrs.client.core.JasperserverRestClient.authenticate(JasperserverRestClient.java:50) at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.reporting.jasper.JasperServer.testConnection(Unknown Source) at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.reporting.jasper.JasperIntegration.main(Unknown Source)

It is giving unknown source, but with the same source they were able to login

One thing that I have observed is under domain spectrum domain is not listed.  requested client to upload the jasper install log for review.

Regards

Sunny

• 32.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Posted Jul 22, 2016 09:50 AM

HI all I have for the frst time installed jasper via the installer very quick and easy. I am the able to logon to the jasperserver at url htpt://jasperservername:8080/jasperserver/login.html and this takes me into the flow.html screen so I presume jasperserver is working.

I then try and do the integration and I get  "Error:Integration failed. Please make sure your logon information is correct"I have not changed the webappname, I am putting in the FQDN on the integration screen with port 8080 and using the same login details jasperadmin as the jasperserver web page,  I have tried superuser and I keep getting the same message.

Any thought and suggestions?

Below is out of the stdlog

Jul 22, 2016 15:32:52.453 (http-bio-80-exec-8) (RepMgr) - (DEBUG) - Performing Jasper Integration.

Jul 22, 2016 15:32:53.227 (http-bio-80-exec-8) (ReportManager) - (ERROR) - java.lang.NullPointerException at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.jaxrs.client.core.JasperserverRestClient.login(JasperserverRestClient.java:74) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.jaxrs.client.core.JasperserverRestClient.authenticate(JasperserverRestClient.java:50) at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.reporting.jasper.JasperServer.testConnection(Unknown Source) at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.reporting.jasper.JasperIntegration.main(Unknown Source)

Jul 22, 2016 15:32:53.227 (http-bio-80-exec-8) (RepMgr) - (DEBUG) - Jasper Integration done. Success?=false

Thanks Vee

• 33.  Re: Jasper Spectrum Integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 06:00 AM

Hi Vynita,

In the above situation client used custom webappname hence it was unable to integrate.

Check if you used the default webappname or customised.

Currently customized webappnames are not supported.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sunny