Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Patching v9.0 gateways - Is this the right strategy?

Posted Apr 28, 2016 07:18 AM

Hi all,

In our environment, there are currently 3 Layer 7 gateways with version v9.0. One of them is patched and the others aren't. In my opinion, we need to patch at least 2 Layer 7 with all patches after version 9 came out. The other gateway would need 3 patches.

Just to be sure, I'd like to have confirmation if the chosen patch strategy is right. Can someone help me and tell me if this is right or that I'm missing something? Also, there are 2 patches that kind of look the same. The patch v9.x-RHEL-03-29-2016 and v9.x-RHEL-03-29-2016.L7P are these different patches and are they required?

Thanks.

Richard

patch.png

2016-04-25_180940.png

• 2.  Re: Patching v9.0 gateways - Is this the right strategy?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2016 12:45 PM

Hi Richard,

For the monthly platform patches you would just apply the latest patch which rolls up the previous monthly patches, unlike upgrading versions say from v8.x to 9.1 where you would have to update to each version in-between until you get to 9.1, as for the table with the patches that look similar, if its from a CA website, I would like to take a look at the link to verify what's listed, there should only be 1 version.