Clarity

• 1.  Power filter to exclude roles

Posted Apr 28, 2016 03:18 PM

Hi,
    I have a Business that wants to create the following three filters on their projects:
    Projects that include on their teams Role A but not B
    Projects that include on their teams Role B but not A
    Projects that include on their teams Roles A and B

I was working with her to create power filters, but I am running into an issue that actually feels like a bug to me.  To create, for example, the first condition, I am saying in my power filter:
    Object = Team

Field = Role

Operator = "="

Right = Role A
    AND

Object = Team

Field = Role

Operator = "!="

Right = Role B

I would think this would work, but when I run the filter, I'm still seeing projects that have Role B on the team.  Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug?

• 2.  Re: Power filter to exclude roles

Posted Apr 29, 2016 07:41 AM

Hello,

You can just say (Role = A) in the Power Filter. I am not sure why you need (Role != B) for the first condition. Vice versa for the second condition. And, (Role = A and Role = B) for the third condition.

Hope this helps!

Suhail.

• 3.  Re: Power filter to exclude roles
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2016 11:24 AM

Hi,
    Thanks for your response.  I need the not condition because I need projects with the other role to be excluded. If I only use the positive clause, it will pull in projects that have both roles, which I don't want.
    But, I think I figured it out!  Rather than using !=, I create a positive clause and then stick a ! in front of it to make it negative.  So, it looks like:
    where(team = Role A) AND !where(team = Role B).

That seems to work.