CA Service Management

• 1.  Location based auto assignment

Posted May 05, 2016 12:19 AM

Hi Team,

Customer A is from Location X, Customer B is from Y. Location X has local team for ticket resolution. Location Y has local team for ticket resolution.

Requirement: Whenever customer A open ticket for a particular request area, it should automatically assigned to location X local team. Whenever customer B open ticket for a particular request area, it should automatically assigned to location Y local team.

My Implementation:

1. I created two contact (A and B) for two locations (X and Y).

2. A is binded to location X and B is binded to location Y

3. Two local group for two location (Group1 and Group2)

4. Group 1 is binded to location X and Group2 is binded to location Y.

5. Now when I am doing auto assignment on request area, I am selecting auto assignment based on location option from dropdown, updated Group1 and Group2 in Group section, updated location X and Y in Location section and updated workshift in Workshift section.

Outcome from my implementation:

Whenever customer A open ticket for request area, it should assign to his location team (Group1) but it is not happening.

Currently the auto assignment is occurring for all members in all groups irrespective of the location of incident/request creator. Our requirement is that it should be assigned to the member of the group, having the same location as of the creator of incident/request.

What could be wrong in this configuration?

Kindly provide the solution for this.

Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal

• 2.  Re: Location based auto assignment

Posted May 05, 2016 12:34 AM

Hi gbruneau,

Thanks for your reply. I want the assignee also to be assigned on creating the request. What is wrong with my existing configuration? Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal

• 3.  Re: Location based auto assignment

Posted May 05, 2016 05:33 AM

Hi Team,

As of now, the auto assignment as per the policy above is working for analyst but not for customer/employee. Kindly provide a solution for this.

Regards,

Balram

• 4.  Re: Location based auto assignment
    Best Answer

Posted May 05, 2016 08:38 AM

In this case You also need to configure which group will be available for particular location on location object

• 5.  Re: Location based auto assignment

Posted May 06, 2016 03:19 AM

Hi Gutis,

Thanks for your support. It is working now. Even if I update the location in group auto assignment tab, it is working in that case also.

Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal