Service Virtualization

• 1.  Runtime Licenses Vs Performance VSE licenses

Posted May 11, 2016 04:02 AM

Hi Listeners,

I have this question where I would like to understand what takes precedence over the other when it comes to  Runtime user Licenses and performance VSE license.

What I understand is Runtime User license is the one which dictates the concurrent capacity of the VSE and Performance VSE licenses has to do the the concurrent capacity of the virtual service.

Let me put a scenario where I have 20 Runtime users and 1 Performance VSE license. I have deployed one virtual service and imposed a throughput of 1000 tps on that service, how would the VSE and the virtual service will work. Does the VSE will take 20 requests at one time as we have got only 20 runtime users and the virtual service responds to the 20 parallel requests and the next 20 will come in play once the responses for the earlier 20 are served? or since we have performance VSE, all the 1000 tps will be served in a single go as we have the performance license.

How does this really work, what takes precedence?

Secondly when I say I have a performance VSE, what is the maximum load that a virtual service can scale upto ? is there a limit ?

Regards,

Shivakumar

• 2.  Re: Runtime Licenses Vs Performance VSE licenses

Posted May 11, 2016 08:22 AM

the non performance VSE is performance limited.. it will support a total of 10 tps per service running, per vse.

the performance VSE is NOT performance limited, and it will scale as high as you provide network, cpu and memory

we have an 8core, 32gig, 1 gig network virtual machine box that runs 850tps (across 5 different functional simulators) without a problem.

• 3.  Re: Runtime Licenses Vs Performance VSE licenses

Posted May 11, 2016 08:31 AM

Thanks for the clarification. so this means that if we have a performance VSE, the runtime user license concept will never come into play right?  There is no limit on the number of requests being served by the VSE .

Regards,

Shivakumar.

• 4.  Re: Runtime Licenses Vs Performance VSE licenses
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2016 08:57 AM

that is how it has been explained to us.

on the normal VSE, it is the number of concurrent power users running workstation (editing/creating services), AND/OR the number of CONCURRENT transactions being executed across ALL currently running VSEs..

• 5.  Re: Runtime Licenses Vs Performance VSE licenses

Posted May 11, 2016 09:04 AM

Thankyou !!..this helps.

Regards,

Shivakumar.