CA Service Management

• 1.  Use of inactive user in ticket

Posted May 11, 2016 06:21 AM

Hi All,

I have a request from the client that they need to have a field in ticket that should contain reference to the inactive contact in the SDM.

I have added a new custom field in the schema z_cnt (SREL on cnt) and create dtlLookup field on form connected with that field.

Problem is that lookup in this case see only active contacts, inactive contacts are inaccessible from the ticket.

is there a possibility to change this behavior and enable selection of inactive contact for this field within ticket?

• 2.  Re: Use of inactive user in ticket

Posted May 11, 2016 07:21 AM

Hi Aleksandar,

What is the purpose of that 'inactive contact reference' on the ticket? I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind the requirement (i.e. business case)?

Otherwise when you search for a contact, are you not able to change the 'Active' flag field to select inactive so that the inactive contacts can be returned or is the problem that once inactive users are shown, then you cannot select them?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Use of inactive user in ticket

Posted May 11, 2016 08:31 AM

Hi Brian,

business case is following.

in several ticket they need to handle the license migration between users (because of limited number of licenses for some applications).

In those cases they need to reference new and old license holder. Old license holder in some cases is no longer employee and his status is inactive.

I can switch the search flag to search inactive contacts but search does not return contacts (inactive contacts exists).

• 4.  Re: Use of inactive user in ticket

Posted May 11, 2016 07:52 AM

hi,

without delving into your goal and looking from the techincal possibility side, I think that this could be achieved with new factory, because all of OOTB factories have "delete_flag = 0" restriction which cannot be easily overrided.

But remembering all problems caused by dervied attributes like "combo_name" in custom factories, I'd prefer to open search list and manually switch delete_flag

Regards,

cdtj

• 5.  Re: Use of inactive user in ticket

Posted May 11, 2016 08:32 AM

Hi,

I can switch the search flag to search inactive contacts but search does not return contacts (inactive contacts exists).