Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 11, 2016 04:01 PM

Just watched the great presentation of CA PPM 14 document portal given by John_George  at Canada PPM user group meeting.

The portal is really neat with a simple click you can switch between the version covered (14.2, 14.3 and 14.4) and the supported languages all in one place.

You can hide table of contents for more real estate and also optimized for mobile.

The content starts with very hot topics

If you don't quickly see what you are after you can "talk" to the search like "Is there a mobile app for Android"

and you get results in

Can't do much better than that all the public/published info searched. Beats using the community search and support online KB search separately.

Can't do much better than that.

Well actually you can:

From more resource at the bottom you have access to the latest in

CA PPM Cookbook

CA PPM Community

Brighttalk

CA PPM Blogs

CA PPM Community Blogs

YouTube

Well done George, very well, thanks.

Just wondering a little...

What access do you need to see the content: community or support online with site ID? Or if both can be used is there a difference in the accessible content?

For some reason I do not see the third party videos on the site which were in your presentation just You tube. Are they there?

• 2.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 11, 2016 05:42 PM

Thank you for sharing these Martti!

Martti Kinnunen wrote:

Just watched the great presentation of CA PPM 14 document portal given by John_George at Canada PPM user group meeting.

The portal is really neat with a simple click you can switch between the version covered (14.2, 14.3 and 14.4) and the supported languages all in one place.

You can hide table of contents for more real estate and also optimized for mobile.

The content starts with very hot topics

If you don't quickly see what you are after you can "talk" to the search like "Is there a mobile app for Android"

and you get results in

Can't do much better than that all the public/published info searched. Beats using the community search and support online KB search separately.

Can't do much better than that.

Well actually you can:

From more resource at the bottom you have access to the latest in

CA PPM Cookbook

CA PPM Community

Brighttalk

CA PPM Blogs

CA PPM Community Blogs

YouTube

Well done George, very well, thanks.

Just wondering a little...

What access do you need to see the content: community or support online with site ID? Or if both can be used is there a difference in the accessible content?

For some reason I do not see the third party videos on the site which were in your presentation just You tube. Are they there?

• 3.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 12, 2016 12:16 AM

Thank you for sharing this

Regards,

NJ

• 4.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 12, 2016 08:47 AM

Hi Martti,

Thank you very much, I appreciate the kind words. I'm glad that you liked the demo and presentation. Now let me address your questions. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

1. What access do you need to see the content: community or support online with site ID? Or if both can be used is there a difference in the accessible content?

Most of the content in the CA PPM documentation (over 90%) is 100 public domain, free to view, and readily available without you having to log in to see it. For example, if you start Chrome, search for "CA PPM Documentation", you will see links to the documentation and can immediately read it. See the screen shot below. However, a small percentage of the content (Installation, Administration, Reference) does require you to log in to see it. That's why we have the Tip on the Documentation Home Page. In this case,  it is your CA Support Online credentials that you need to enter to see that content.

CA PPM Doc Home Page with Login Tip.png

Google Search for CA PPM Documentation.png

2. For some reason I do not see the third party videos on the site which were in your presentation just You tube. Are they there?

Yes, we embed 30+ YouTube videos from the CA PPM By Education YouTube channel, the Rego Consulting YouTube channel, the WinMill Software YouTube channel, and the IT-ROI YouTube channel. We have partnered with them. As demonstrated yesterday, you can find the "featured video" in the Connect and Learn topic in the documentation. To find the other YouTube videos, search and enter: Are there any videos? When you do this, you will see a list of the documentation pages having videos:

Are there any videos.png

We have also embedded customer success stories, with some presented as videos. As shown in the following screen shot, you will see a customer success story for Catholic Health when you click "Using" in the table of contents.

Customer Sucess Stories.png

You can quickly find all customer success stories by clicking the top-most entry (Getting Started with CA PPM, Release Information, Installing and Upgrading, Using, Administrating, Reference, Add-Ins and Integrations) in the Table of Contents. Or if you prefer, you may also search for them - as illustrated in the following screen shot:

Search for Customer Success Stories.png

• 5.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 12, 2016 03:11 PM

OK John_George thanks.

In Connect and Learn I can see

but still have not figured how get them with search. Please educate me.

When you say

Most of the content in the CA PPM documentation (over 90%) is 100 public domain, free to view, and readily available without you having to log in to see it.

What does it mean?

When I wen to

CA PPM - CA PPM - 14.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

I had to login to see anything and also in the thread

Issues and Solution for Help Option in 14.3 OnDemand

there is discussion on that.

Please elaborate.

• 6.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 13, 2016 01:51 PM

Hi Martti,

Yes, the Connect and Learn topic briefly introduces the videos, has an embedded "featured video", and provides a link to the YouTube sites for each. To find ALL of the videos in the CA PPM documentation using the search, type "are there videos?" in the search box. Use this screen shot below for reference - and you'll see on the Documentation tab on the right of the search results all of the documentation pages having videos. Just click one of those links to go to the topic and you should be all set!

Accessing the PPM Videos with Search.png

Now, my statement about over 90% of the documentation content being public domain, free to view, and readily available without you having to log in to see it - yes, that is true. If you go to docops.ca.com, select either CA PPM or CA PPM SaaS in the drop-down, you should be able to access it without logging in. The same holds true if you try to access the CA PPM documentation from the CA PPM Support Online page. You should be able to access it freely without having to log in. And finally, this is also true if you use a search engine such as Chrome. You search for CA PPM Documentation, see the link to it in the search results, click the link, and you should freely be able to see the documentation. If you aren't seeing this behavior, I suggest you empty your cache/history, restart your browser, and try again because there may be some funny things going on there with history, cookies, etc.

However, when you come upon one of the "restricted" areas/topics (Installing, Administrating, Reference) - those pages have restrictions and to access them, you need to enter your CA Support Online credentials.

Let's talk a bit about the link that you provided to the thread: Issues and Solution for Help Option in 14.3 OnDemand

That is a separate issue from what I'm talking about here in this thread. Damon (CA-TECH-INFO-DAMON) has done an excellent job in that thread summarizing and explaining the details. If you take a look at Damon's last response on May 6, 2016 @4:11 PM (EST) you see that he has the right teams investigating a solution.

As always Martti, thank you for your engagement here on the community and I hope that I have done a good job answering your questions and helping you out.

John

• 7.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 13, 2016 02:58 PM

Thank you John_George 

Well I can get to the videos searching with "are there videos?"

and get what you display in your post.

What I was expecting is to get something like

Apparently that is not going to happen with that search. So I do need to know how to navigate and search.

I was experimenting the need to login with the URL   https : // wiki.ca.com/display/CCPPMOP143/CA%20PPM as the format used to be and is in my bookmarks and not https : // docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-4/ which you post.

Currently both go eventually to the same place. I tested the redirection when I am logged in on another tab of the same private browser window  and also on another PC with a freshly started FF browser.

So the docops URL works as you described. Good.

Regarding the access from help link just tested that in my test environment which has access to the open net. docops works there, too. So what remains is a different issue and is posted being handled as you say by Damon's teams.

Yes you did good. Thanks.

• 8.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 13, 2016 03:08 PM

You're welcome Martti, hope you have a great weekend!

John

• 9.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 12, 2016 11:29 AM

The presentations yesterday were great! Just think of all the support calls we could avoid if people used the help button in CA PPM, Attended training, had a data dictionary, and was able to effectively use the documentation site.

I especially like:

Most of the content in the CA PPM documentation (over 90%) is 100 public domain, free to view, and readily available without you having to log in to see it

Great presentation John!

Mike Thibault

• 10.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 12, 2016 12:15 PM

Thank you Mike, appreciate it!

• 11.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 12, 2016 01:59 PM

With you attending and our attendees in Vancouver, The Canadian CA PPM User community is the second largest based on area covered. The Global being the largest.

Thanks for attending!

• 12.  Re: CA PPM Documentation

Posted May 12, 2016 03:14 PM

Sorry Mike,

Greater Philadelphia Area  is not very far compared to Helsinki