Service Virtualization

• 1.  remove magic strings

Posted May 12, 2016 11:49 AM

How do I completely get rid of magic strings in VSI response..

Though my properties file set lisa.magic.string.xml.tags=false ..

still some fields like dob will be shown as magic string VSI  response.. Due to some functional issue I don't want DevTest convert these..

can you suggest how to do this please ?

there are several records which we cant manually modify now to get rid of magic strings.

• 2.  Re: remove magic strings

Posted May 12, 2016 12:03 PM

To skip applying magic dates make a copy of your lisa.properties file and replace the following lines in the original lisa.properties file

lisa.vse.datechecker.top.priorityorder=lisa.vse.datechecker.wstimestampformat

lisa.vse.datechecker.date.priorityorder=lisa.vse.datechecker.mmmddyyyy.separatorformat&\

lisa.vse.datechecker.time.priorityorder=lisa.vse.datechecker.time.millis.zoneformat&\

lisa.vse.datechecker.bottom.priorityorder=lisa.vse.datechecker.mmmddformat&\

With below lines:                                        

lisa.vse.datechecker.top.priorityorder

lisa.vse.datechecker.date.priorityorder

lisa.vse.datechecker.time.priorityorder

lisa.vse.datechecker.bottom.priorityorder

• 3.  Re: remove magic strings

Posted May 12, 2016 12:33 PM

Ok .. these properties needs to be changed on devtest client side and server side as well or only server side ?

another question.. how can we remove the magic dates from existing VSI.

• 4.  Re: remove magic strings
    Best Answer

Posted May 12, 2016 01:07 PM

Wherever you are creating the VSI. server side is not required if you are creating the VSI on your local (client side) machine.

I dont think there is way to remove existing magic dates... either do it manullay or recreate the VSI after the above configuration.