Clarity

• 1.  What is Days Late. what does it represents?

Posted May 12, 2016 11:02 AM

Hi Everyone.

I'm working on a Milestones report using DWH tables where DWH_INV_TASK  table has Days Late Column to be displayed in it.
    I have gone through its description , but i didn't understand it clearly.

Days Late:- WBS record days late. If the status is not Completed and the WBS record is baselined, then days late = baseline finish date - finish date. If the status is not Completed and the WBS record is not baselined, then days late = today - finish date.

Here is my report output and application screen shots and report was run on 12/05/16

Could you please go through the attached screen shots

Thanks,

Santosh.

• 2.  Re: What is Days Late. what does it represents?

Posted May 12, 2016 03:37 PM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/241883381-137477/report.png

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/241883381-137476/application.png

The report seems to match the application so the the DWH data should be up to date.

For 14.4 the

Late Tasks and Milestones Portlet

describes Days late as follows

Days Late

Displays the number of days late considering the following:

• Whether or not a baseline exists
    • Task status

If a baseline exists, then days late is calculated as task finish date minus baseline finish date. A positive number indicates that the task is late according to the baseline. A negative number indicates that it is early according to the baseline.

If a baseline exists and the task finish date is the same as the baseline finish date, then the task is considered late if it is not completed and it was due before today’s date. In this case, days late is calculated as today’s date minus task finish date.

If there is no baseline, then days late is calculated if the task is not completed and it was due before today’s date. In this case, days late is calculated as today’s date minus task finish date.

that explains at least one day if the report was run  12/05/16 and maybe more depending on how exactly the date arithmetic isdone in CA PPM.