Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  PAM Integration with CA Spectrum

Posted May 13, 2016 11:59 AM

Team,

Customer is using CA Spectrum for network monitoring and alerts. They want to integrate PAM with Spectrum for generating violation alerts.

I believe it can be done by configuring CA PAM to send SNMP traps to Spectrum server.

Wondering if anyone has already implemented this integration and if so, want to understand any unknowns and/or challenges.

Appreciate your inputs!!

Regards,

Aravind G

• 2.  Re: PAM Integration with CA Spectrum
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2016 09:27 PM
    It's a very simple integration. 

For PAM to send traps, just fill in the destination IP address in the PAM UI (Config--> SNMP) along with the community string and and PAM will send traps. 

PAM supports v2 and v3. For v3 you will need to provide a user ID and password. 

For PAM to respond to SNMP polls, just configure PAM to respond to requests on the Config-->SNMP page (bottom half) and provide the community string. 

If anyone knows where a Spectrum server is that we can hit from AWS or my VM lab, I'm happy to try and set it up. 

Is there a Spectrum VM anywhere that I can download?

• 3.  Re: PAM Integration with CA Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2017 09:21 AM

Hi,

we just got the same question, from my point of view the answer is enough, but I wonder if anyone went further in the integration,

thanks a lot!