Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:Remote host closed connection during Handshake while calling LISA REST APIs using LISA9.1

• 1.  javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:Remote host closed connection during Handshake while calling LISA REST APIs using LISA9.1

Posted May 16, 2016 12:48 PM

Hi LISA Community,

I am trying to use LISA REST APIs to check the status of deployed virtual services.

I am using the VSE REST API  to get the information about the specific VSE that is running on my console.

GET /VSEs/{serviceName}/{virtualServiceName}

The issue when I use any of the REST API using LISA 7.5, it works perfectly fine and gives me the response.

SSL issue_LISA_7.5.jpg

But when I am trying to use LISA 9.1 and invoking these APIs, I am facing the below error:

============================================================================

| HTTP

============================================================================

| Message:     javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Trapped Exception: Remote host closed connection during handshake

| Trapped Message:   javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

STACK TRACE

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)

SSL issue_LISA_9.1.jpg

Can anyone provide solution for the this issue?

• 2.  Re: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:Remote host closed connection during Handshake while calling LISA REST APIs using LISA9.1

Posted May 16, 2016 02:10 PM

Also LISA 9.1 is SSL enabled.

• 3.  Re: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:Remote host closed connection during Handshake while calling LISA REST APIs using LISA9.1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2016 03:35 PM

trying to understand -

- Both 7.5 and 9.1 Servers are SSL enabled

- From 7.5 Lisa if you make the Rest call to 7.5 VS it works fine

- From DevTest 9.1 if you make the same REST call to the 9.1 VS, it fails with the SSL error

Is this correct?

• 4.  Re: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:Remote host closed connection during Handshake while calling LISA REST APIs using LISA9.1

Posted May 16, 2016 06:46 PM

Yes

• 5.  Re: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:Remote host closed connection during Handshake while calling LISA REST APIs using LISA9.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2016 11:47 PM

In the workstation can you go to the Help menu and select HTTP/SSL Debug. That should open a small window at the bottom of the workstation. Run your test/steps.

The window below should show the SSL output which will be the summary of the Handshake process. Check the output for more info on why your error is seen.