CA Service Management

Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (May 2016)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (May 2016)

Posted May 16, 2016 03:23 PM

Miss the May Service Management Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in June for the next session!

from Sally to Everyone:

Good morning

from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

Hi Everyone - We'll be starting in just a few minutes.

Readu for questions!

*Ready:)

from Lindsay Estabrooks to Everyone:

Do we have an ETA for the new reporting tool replacing Business Objects?

from Alexis to Everyone:

We're being asked to stand up a Disater Recovery instance of SDM.   Anyone have experience doing this?  Hints, suggestions, best practices are welcome

from Sally to Everyone:

We have a request to add workflow tasks to a change order dynamically.  Is there any documentation available on that?

from vinod (CA) to Everyone:

@Lindsay: There is no ETA at the moment.

from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone:

@Lindsay - We are currently focused on tidying up the Jaspersoft (the new reporting engine) integration with CA Service Management components, as well as the out-of-the-box content set; and it should be be available in a few weeks from now.

from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone:

@Lindsay - keep your eye on the community for further announcements regarding CABI 6.x - Jasper

@Alexis - we dont have any specific instructions or recommendations for DR as there are many different solutions out there that are used by customers. From my experience, since VMware is most widely used at the present time, many customers will take snapshots of their SDM servers and back those up so they can be stood up at any point if needed.

@Sally - When you say "dynamically" - what would that depend on?  What would you want to trigger the tasks to get attached?

from Lindsay Estabrooks to Everyone:

@Sally - Assuming you are talking about "classic" workflow, the interface allows for manually adding tasks. I am interested in the use case for adding tasks to a change order dynamically.

from Sally to Everyone:

I was envisioning this being triggered by a status update most likely.  I still need to do some research that changing status to something unexpected won't cause problems with our existing processes in PAM

from John Ogden to Everyone:

Our organization is acquiring a large quantity of ChromeBooks. SDM 14.1 does not display correctly in Chrome running on the Chrome O/S. Are there plans for the pending new release to run/display correctly on the Chromebook?

from Alexis to Everyone:

@Jon - Thank you!  great suggestion

from Sally to Everyone:

The benefit is tracking downtime due to needs from other departments.  There is not a set time in the workflow where we may need assistance from other departments.  I've tried to sell a status change that updates the activity log with no luck.

@Sally - if you are using PAM, and not classic workflow, you may be able to do this by having PAM trigger the tasks upon status change, but its something that you would need to test out as we dont have specific instructions on that.

from Pedro to Everyone:

Hi. How can I measure OLA for Incidents in SDM r12.9?

from Sally to Everyone:

We use classic workflow, I believe.  I'm not familiar with the terminology.  We set up static tasks within the change order category.

from Sally to Everyone:

Is there any documentation regarding which files/tables are utilized in the workflow task process?

@John Ogden - Please see this idea in the community:  https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235731113 - this was recently posted by a customer.  You should vote for the idea here as it will be reviewed by product management.  Also, can you specify which browser you are using on ChromeOS?

05/12/2016    07:21:23 AM    from Sally to Everyone:

My other thought is to change the status and add a workflow task upon resolve of the C/O with the duration of time the ticket stayed in that status.

We are using the ootb Chrome browser that comes installed. i will review the post, thank you.

@Sally - Sorry i was confused because you mentioned PAM.  For Classic workflow ther is no way to trigger the tasks based on status., they are only triggered by category.  You can definitely post an idea on the community and have folks vote for it

from Sandra Antunes (CA) to Everyone:

@Sally, if you have a PAM process integrated with SDM, then you  may be not running Classic Workflow.

@Sally - regarding the tables for workflow, we dont have that documented specifically as we do not support the manual manipulation of data in the tables as the relationships are very complex.

@Pedro - can you specify what you mean by "OLA" ?

Ready for more questions!

from Pedro to Everyone:

@Jon, from google: An operational-level agreement (OLA) defines the interdependent relationships in support of a service-level agreement (SLA). The agreement describes the responsibilities of each internal support group toward other support groups, including the process and timeframe for delivery of their services.

from Sally to Everyone:

We do have PAM integrated with Service Desk.  When I open up a category and review the tasks, the top of the tab says classic workflow, but we are also trigger PAM processes based on status of the workflow by adding a behavior.

With the pending release of a new version of SDM, are there any planned updates to the CA Service Management Mobile App?

from Avneesh Bhatnagar (CA) to Everyone:

@John the Mobile app has it's own cadence and we will have a minor refresh coming up.

@Sally - so it appears you are using PAM indirectly.  It looks like you are using Classic Workflow where you add tasks to the categories, and they show up on tickets when that category is selected.  However, it looks like you are using PAM outside of SDM to trigger things to occur in SDM using we services calls.

from Sally to Everyone:

@Jon, that sounds correct.

@Pedro - SDM uses SLAs as you know, however we do not have OLA calculations within the product currently to track this type of thing.  In Service Catalog, there are SLAs as well, but in the case of Catalog you can use the SLAs to calculate OLAs as well.

from andrea holmes to Everyone:

good morning everyone.  I wanted to see if any one has used Bizagi Workflow with SDM.

from Pedro to Everyone:

Thank you @Jon.

from Tony to Everyone:

I’m interested in hearing about experiences with SDM cumulative patch/Value pack. We experience more problems versus fixes. To be fair, we are a heavy customized shop. 14.1.02 was done over this last weekend

@Andrea - Unfortunately we are not familiar with Bizagi Workflow.

@Tony - Can you elaborate on some of the challenges that you encountered when installing CP2?

We're on 14.1.02 since January.  We've had to apply a few additional patches for small issues, but no big issues that we've seen.

we did run into some problems with IE 11 settings with 14.1.02 that were unexpected, but we went straight from 12.9 to 14.1.02

from Tony to Everyone:

The new patch installer is great! It makes life much easier.

@Tony - the new patch installer is great... but additional patches still use APPLYPTF

@Tony - you mentioned you had some challenges with CP2 - can you tell us what those are?

from Tony to Everyone:

Group lookup with the Assignee field is one.

from Pedro to Everyone:

We have an integration between Service Desk and SOI. Sometimes there are hundreds of alarms in SOI with the same timestamp and SOI make hundreds of web service calls to open Incidents in Service Desk causing huge performance issues. Is there any way to limit connections in Service Desk?

@Tony - did you get the patch for the issues caused by the group lookup?

from Tony to Everyone:

Having to change the “status” when using Update status. Is another.

@ Pedro, Have you tried to increase tomcat memory and maxthread from SDM side..

from Tim Chounard to Everyone:

Hello all.  We have been wanting to configure SD where certain tickets automatically close 72 hours after set to a specific status.  Not to sound too "new" but is there a step-by-step for that available?

@Tony, it is not possible to limit the number of webservices calls out of the box.

from Sally to Everyone:

@Tim @Pedro - We are having similar issues.  I'm also interested in any suggestions.  Thanks!

@Pedro, default maxthread are 75, and you can raise it to 300.

I mean @Pedro, it is not possible to limit the number of webservices calls out of the box.

OK Everyone - We're wrapping up for today and finishing out the last questions. Thank you for participating and please join us back here in June!

from Tony to Everyone:

TEC1661437 - Claims no fix for Group lookup with the Assignee field

@Tim - I dont believe we have a step by step guide for that, however you can take a look at the wiki section on Automatic Closure of Tickets:   https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configuring-ca-service-desk-manager/establishing-support-structure/automatic-closure-of-tickets

Thanks for joining everyone

I look forward to talking with you all again next month!

from Pedro to Everyone:

@Vinod, is there any knowledge document with more information regarding maxthreads?

from Sally to Everyone:

Thanks for all the help today.  I appreciate it.

Please post the query on communities, i shall respond with the technical document

from Pedro to Everyone:

Thank you @Vinod

@Tony - it won't remove the functionality, but there were some other issues caused by it in regards to the Affected End User and Requester fields

Thanks again everyone!