Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to decrypt the response message when calling a web service from API GW

Posted May 18, 2016 07:26 AM

Hi

I am calling a web service from API Gateway 9.0 and I am supposed to decrypt the response. Do any of you smart people how to do that?

Kind regards

MIkael

• 2.  Re: How to decrypt the response message when calling a web service from API GW

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 02:36 AM

Hi,

the gateway can return any kind of response, depends on how the service/policy is designed.

you should be able to get the manual of how to call the API and read the response from the API owner.

Regards,

Mark

• 3.  Re: How to decrypt the response message when calling a web service from API GW

Posted May 19, 2016 02:52 AM

Hi Zhijun He

Thank you for your answer. My scenario is this:

SAP PI is supposed to call a web service exposed by external party EDSN. Normally we would just have SAP PI call the web service directly but EDSN requires TLS 1.2 which SAP PI does not support so we want to call the web service thru API GW like this:

SAP PI <-> API GW <-> EDSN web service

However the response from EDSN is encrypted and we need to decrypt it in API GW before sending it to SAP PI.

So my question is how I decrypt the response before returning it to SAP PI? I already have the certificate I need for the decryption.

Kind Regards, Mikael

• 4.  Re: How to decrypt the response message when calling a web service from API GW
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 09:38 PM

Hi Mikael,

Is the response in  WS-Security format?

if yes, provided the certificate is imported to gateway, add "Require Encrypted Element" Assertion after route via EDSN, then the response should be decrypted.

If you still have problem, it would be better to open a support ticket for further investigation.

Regards,