IT Process Automation

• 1.  Get OS from touchpoint

Posted May 18, 2016 06:04 PM

Hello:

i need get the operating system (windows, unix, etc.) from a touchpoint,  How i can get thath, in Process automation 4.3 instaled on  a windows Server 2012 r2

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Get OS from touchpoint

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2016 06:11 PM

You can use script operator in a number of ways to pull information from the system.

For example >systeminfo returns a huge amount of information that could be parsed for the specifics you need.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/command-prompt-advanced-commands-system-information-managing-active-tasks

• 3.  Re: Get OS from touchpoint

Posted May 19, 2016 10:12 AM

Michael, thank for your answr, but this command (systeminfo) don't work on unix,

the idea is determinate the SO on the touchpoint to send the correct scrtipt to them using the unix path or windows path according to the output of the previous script.

• 4.  Re: Get OS from touchpoint

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 10:17 AM

The only way I am aware that you can get the Servers operating system is with a command line query.   Maybe you could create a forked process, one with the *nix command, and one with the Windows command, then use an OR operator to rejoin those paths.  That way whichever option works will advance the process.

• 5.  Re: Get OS from touchpoint

Posted May 19, 2016 12:00 PM

but this is manage the error in case i send a unix command in a windows system

• 6.  Re: Get OS from touchpoint

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 12:18 PM

If you create a process that forks, with one operator that sends the Windows command, and One that sends the Unix command.   If you then have an OR operator directly after that the process will move on regardless of the incorrect operator failing.

You could include the second script you mention before the Or operator, or you could have the process take a different path depending on the OS.

• 7.  Re: Get OS from touchpoint

Posted May 19, 2016 12:37 PM

this process will fail if the windows server has a unix emulator (like cygwin) because the unix and the windows will response ok

cygwin

• 8.  Re: Get OS from touchpoint

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 12:48 PM

If a command line query is not possible I am not sure what to suggest, maybe someone else will have an idea. 

Can you create a list of the servers and the associated OS before hand and reference that to determine the path the overall instance should take?