Plex 2E

• 1.  OBDATE/C# Get current date, OBDATE/C# Get current time, OBDATE/C# Get current timestamp Source code in Base Variant is missing

Posted May 20, 2016 02:43 PM

While I am waiting to get my CA profile updated so I can open a case with CA Support, I figured I would ask if anyone knows a hack to update the OBDATE group model since this is a reference model sent with the CA Plex releases. The correct source code for OBDATE/C# Get current date, OBDATE/C# Get current time, OBDATE/C# Get current timestamp is in the .Net Server variant, however, setting the OBDATE variant to .Net server messes up the C++ client functions since the Meta Validation functions are Internal (OBDATE/Validate ISO Date, OBDATE/Validate ISO time).. and with the variant set to .Net Server the lang sys triple for the validation functions is set to C# (WinC client calling Internal C# does not cut it).  I checked and the OBDATE Source code for all the other combinations (JAVA, RPG,WIN) were coded in the Base Variant, just seems the C# were coded in the .Net Variant by accident and not in the Base.

Thanks,

Diane

• 2.  Re: OBDATE/C# Get current date, OBDATE/C# Get current time, OBDATE/C# Get current timestamp Source code in Base Variant is missing

Posted May 20, 2016 02:49 PM

Yep I do

will send offline but it will enable you to go into OBDATE and change stuff

then when you get the new OBDATE from CA you will get an error of forking and I have another fix for this......

all black art and NOT supported by CA so it depends how badly you want it....can you wait and just hand edit the source till you get the right model

• 3.  Re: OBDATE/C# Get current date, OBDATE/C# Get current time, OBDATE/C# Get current timestamp Source code in Base Variant is missing

Posted May 20, 2016 03:01 PM

Too many functions to hand code.. I will take the hack.. just in case they don’t want to update the model and give it to me.. which I suspect they don’t have a clue what I am talking about.. LOL

I knew you would have a solution… ☺

I have been telling my boss you are looking for employment.. he sees your posts all the time and thinks you are quite sharp.. I told him you were!!! ☺  (I changed jobs within the last month.. Private company no longer with SC Judicial Department)..

Thanks.. Hope you find a Plex job soon.. I have enjoyed your other posts.. about the new tools you are looking at.. my boss has also been following and agrees with your thoughts about using other tools for the front-end.. we are using AWS to host some of our clients.. I have not delved into it yet.. trying to get their WinC/WinNTC app to a WinC/CSharp.. since they are using CMFirsts solution WebClient (JAVA/CSharp)… we are trying to get a single set of server code.. I had this working at SCJD, however, I did not code my logic in the base variant and use the Lang Sys to call different functions based on variant… I created my own source code and we called the same source code for all variants.. because behind the scenes I changed the source code in the variant.. like they did the Null Date values..

Long story short.. If you would not supplying me the hacks.. I would appreciate it.. ☺

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Diane

• 4.  Re: OBDATE/C# Get current date, OBDATE/C# Get current time, OBDATE/C# Get current timestamp Source code in Base Variant is missing

Posted May 20, 2016 03:13 PM

Try switching from OBDATE to Date pattern, to eliminate dependency on OBDATE.

Date/CSGetCurrentDate

Date/CSGetCurrentTime

Date/CSGetCurrentTimeStamp

Date/ValidateDateISO

Date/ValidateTimeISO

Why would WinC client have reference to OBASE library .....

or

• 5.  Re: OBDATE/C# Get current date, OBDATE/C# Get current time, OBDATE/C# Get current timestamp Source code in Base Variant is missing
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2016 04:18 PM

Hi Diane -

What version of Plex are you using ? A short test with Plex 7.1.26.005 shows

that the source code is in the base variant for C#.

Cheers

Lorenz

• 6.  Re: OBDATE/C# Get current date, OBDATE/C# Get current time, OBDATE/C# Get current timestamp Source code in Base Variant is missing

Posted May 20, 2016 04:39 PM

but not 7.0 in the sample model RPGIV_DEMO

Capture.PNG

But I would like to hear from Diane what actually is the problem as I think it is alright for a winc panel to call the C# interrnal as you get a warning but as long as the obdate library is built in winc mode the build works fine as it picks the object up from your lib file

• 7.  Re: OBDATE/C# Get current date, OBDATE/C# Get current time, OBDATE/C# Get current timestamp Source code in Base Variant is missing

Posted May 20, 2016 04:45 PM

Plex 7.0

• 8.  Re: OBDATE/C# Get current date, OBDATE/C# Get current time, OBDATE/C# Get current timestamp Source code in Base Variant is missing

Posted May 20, 2016 04:59 PM

two issues i guess

If you are using Varianted Source Code Solution For CA Plex then you are trouble as the CA supplied source is blank

but calling the obdate internal functions by winc functions but obdate set to C#, as long as you previously built them all for c++ you should be fine

• 9.  Re: OBDATE/C# Get current date, OBDATE/C# Get current time, OBDATE/C# Get current timestamp Source code in Base Variant is missing

Posted May 20, 2016 04:39 PM

We are using V7.0 Patterns.. so must be that they have fixed it.. Great to know that it is fixed in a future release.. Maybe I won't need that hack after all..

Thanks!