Clarity

• 1.  JasperSoft Mobile

Posted May 23, 2016 11:33 AM

Hi,

We are just starting with Jaspsersoft on Clarity 14.3

We have users set up and some reports. We can access these fine from Clarity and have developed a couple of ad hoc queries, which work.

We then decided to look at the Mobile app.

I have set up a Server connection in the mobile app and that validates.

If I log in as SuperUser I can access the server and see the contents of the repository.

If I try and log in using my own Clarity ID I get “invalid Credentials Supplied”

I can access Advanced reporting via Clarity and run the reports, but cannot log in via the mobile app.

I have tried adding our Organization to the server profile but the only user I can get to log in via mobile is the super User.

Is there a setting that I have to apply somewhere to enable a user for mobile access?

Thanks ,

Dave

To add to this item I have now made some advances.

If I manually create a user in Jaspersoft, I can access the repository and see the reports and ad hoc queries.

It would appear that User accounts defined in Jaspersoft can use the mobile app however a CA PPM user cannot use their ID or credentials.

It looks like all mobile users need a separate account adding to the Jaspersoft server with a separate password.

As we have integrated CA PPM with Active directory the above is not a solution I want to roll out.

To refine my original question.

Is there any setting in Jaspersoft that I can make to enable a CA PPM user, to access the mobile app and retain their same CA PPM username and Password?

Message was edited by: Dave Burrows

• 2.  Re: JasperSoft Mobile
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 27, 2016 02:41 PM

Hi Dave,

It doesn't need any other authentication, see if this documentation helps you

JasperMobile App - CA PPM - 14.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: JasperSoft Mobile

Posted Jun 01, 2016 11:34 AM

Suman,

Thank you, that has resolved my issue. I was using the
    Jaspersoft server URL, which is why I could only log in as "superuser" or a
    manually created user. What I should have been doing, is to use the <PPM URL>
    followed by /PPM/MOBILE  .

Now I can log in as a PPM user

Regards,

Dave

• 4.  Re: JasperSoft Mobile

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 11:37 AM

Glad to hear Dave

Regards

Suman Pramanik