Symantec IGA

• 1.  Policy Xpress WebService authentication

Posted May 26, 2016 07:54 AM

Hi! we have a web services query data element on a policy xpress, but when we execute it, the target system answers us with a 401 type error. (unauthorized). My question is, where (and how) can we specify which user is used for authentication on the web services?

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Policy Xpress WebService authentication

Posted May 26, 2016 09:46 AM

In the PX Policies within the Data Element you would have something like the following:

Name: MyDataElement

Category: Data Sources

Type: SOAP Base Query

Function: There are two choices "Anonymous Auth Get" or "Basic Auth Get"

If you choose "Basic Auth Get" then you will see there is a username and password field to populate in addition to the other five fields (i.e. WSDL URL, SOAP Action, SOAP Version, SOAP Request Message, and Returned Attribute).

• 3.  Re: Policy Xpress WebService authentication

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 27, 2016 12:56 AM

I would say try web services call from SOAP UI first. It will make sure if your web services settings are correct. Please let us know if you have SiteMinder integrated. Please post your management console settings here for web services.

• 4.  Re: Policy Xpress WebService authentication

Posted May 27, 2016 03:30 AM

Hi all, this is our web services configuration on management console. As for the other question, we don't have SiteMinder integrated.:

Anyway, the SOAP Base Query type of Data Source element is available as a new feature on 12.6.4 version I think, but we have (sorry for not stating this before) 12.6.3 version. There is no way of doing a 'Basic Auth Get' from policy xpress on our currently deployed version of IM?

Thank you very much.

• 5.  Re: Policy Xpress WebService authentication

Posted May 30, 2016 06:24 AM

Hi again,

In case there's no way to authenticate from Policy Xpress on our current IM version, some other options we are considering are using a program exit, or external java code execution from PX, but I can't find the way to recover the requested data in those cases.

I guess that the best choice is to just upgrade our current IM version to support Basic Auth Get on SOAP Queries...

• 6.  Re: Policy Xpress WebService authentication
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 03, 2016 03:16 PM

Alberto, there have been certain code changes made in the recent releases of IDM -please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist further.

Thanks

Palaka Bhattacharya

Support Delivery Manager