Service Virtualization

• 1.  CA Service Virtualization Bidirectional TCP VS

Posted May 26, 2016 02:24 AM

Dear Experts,

I have question regarding ca service virtualization, my customer wants to create a bidirectional TCP service, which means, could receive and response message (as usual) and also send message (and of course capture the response from the system as well) to the system when manually triggered by the user. Is it possible to do that? If yes, could you please tell me how to create that?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Siswanto

• 2.  Re: CA Service Virtualization Bidirectional TCP VS

Posted May 26, 2016 11:58 AM

are they using any special protocol, like webSockets?   usally bidi communications takes a lot more work to do.

webSockets provides for unsolicited messages in either direction and out of order responses, text and binary data, encryption, and message chunking.. all under the covers.. app doesn't know

• 3.  Re: CA Service Virtualization Bidirectional TCP VS

Posted May 26, 2016 01:51 PM

Hi there, no I think they use just normal socket, the target system is B24 by the way. B24 will need to keep the connection alive, every minute it will send an ISO heartbeat message to SV and SV will reply back. But sometimes SV will need to send a transaction ISO message as well to B24 using the same connection and port which is kept alive by B24. So I'm thinking, could SV send a an ISO message using the same service that already connected to B24 or is there any other way to achieve this?

• 4.  Re: CA Service Virtualization Bidirectional TCP VS

Posted Jun 02, 2016 09:37 AM

For me I have created a similar "heartbeat" send/receive service by creating a "c# .Net Service".  You can deploy your service using Microsoft IIS Manager.  IIS is similar to our DevTest Console in that apps are "spun-up" just waiting to do something.  Good Luck

• 5.  Re: CA Service Virtualization Bidirectional TCP VS

Posted Jan 17, 2017 04:18 PM

Siswanto,

Did Tom's last response answer your question?